Matt

Default Fix poor input/outpu gain on Philips PSC604 Soundcard? Alternatives?

soundcard? If not, can anyone recommend alternative soundcards that I
can get in a retail store (Bestbuy, CktCity, CompUSA) or online if the
retails shops don't have anything decent enough?

More details:

I have a PHILIPS 4.1 SOUNDCARD DYNAMIC EDGE PSC604 in my desktop WinXP
PC. This was an add-in card, because I broke (by shorting out) the
default sound card that was/is built into the motherboard. I used the
original/built-in soundcard for both music playback and input
recording (namely for XM-radio channel recording), and this built-in
soundcard worked extremely well for these applicatoins.

Now that I'm using this Philips card, both my input recordings and my
output playback are very quiet. Quiet enough where I simply can't
record anything of any quality from my XM anymore (at least with this
system), and I have to crank up my receiver (that my computer feeds)
in order to get necessary sound from my computer audio. (This of
course is after I've maximized the audio output via the computer's
audio controls.)

Is there any way I can just the input and output "gains" for this
soundcard?

Alternatively, can anyone recommend any other cards? I *really* want
to get back to recording some of my XM channels asap.

Thanks for any help!
Matt
--
Remove the obvious text (including the dash) to email me.