DaveDrummer

Default Best head cleaner.

Ive been doing a lot of tape stuff lately. In the days of cassette recorders
id use rubbing alchohol which did work quite well, but now im onto reel to
reel as a mixdown deck, so there is no compromise. I saw some solution of
stuff that had Isopropanol, Ethanol, and Methanol alch. but I never tried
it. Someone else recommended stay with rubbing alch. but use a really pure
(like 95% or up) version...

Dave

Scott Dorsey

DaveDrummer wrote:
Ive been doing a lot of tape stuff lately. In the days of cassette recorders
id use rubbing alchohol which did work quite well, but now im onto reel to
reel as a mixdown deck, so there is no compromise. I saw some solution of
stuff that had Isopropanol, Ethanol, and Methanol alch. but I never tried
it. Someone else recommended stay with rubbing alch. but use a really pure
(like 95% or up) version...

Isopropanol is okay now that you can't get TF, but your best bet for really
bad gunk is the Head Red and Roll cleaner from Precision Motor Works, which
is some sort of halocarbon.