Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] themend@gmail.com is offline

Default What ever happened to Steve Bench?

Hello all,

Good to see some familiar names around here. I've been gone for quite a long time.

Before everyone starts trying to figure out who I am, I was wondering if anyone has heard from Steve Bench any time recently. I have not talked to Steve in years. He and I worked on a project together, he did most of the circuit design and I did the concept/layout/description of the thing. I am resurrecting this project, which may in fact be one of the most ambitious amps ever created.

I am trying to decide how I want to go about this... A few of you may remember the project "Monster Amp", I posted some schematics about a decade ago.. I may in the future share this work, but I'd need to clear it with Steve first... Oddly, I found an amp online that appears to be some sort of ripoff of this. More info will come as I get comfortable here again, and figure out who the sharks are, and their fake pseudonyms. Just to make this clear, I would like to go ahead and issue a preemptive '**** off' to Andre Jute.

Those of you who are productive members of RAT can have access to this schematic once I clear it with Steve Bench, or if Steve is no longer of this earth, then I will go ahead and share it privately to COOL people. The Jim McShanes of the world, not the Andy Jutes.

So.... Anyone heard from Steve Bench?

Thanks!
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] themend@gmail.com is offline

Thanks to the fellow who so promptly sent me the information I was asking for!

Cheers!