Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default Update on Laptop for Cubase and Piano VST

Ok, so I've finally gotten a
decent used Toshiba Satellite A215, with a decent
dual-core processor, and have upgraded from XP to Windows
7, and from Cubase LE4 to Cubase 5. This is my first
laptop, and it's a breeze to turn off the internet with
the hard Wi-fi switch on the front.

Wow, windows 7 is super smooth! It makes XP feel like
the stone ages almost: very fast start-up and shut-down,
much faster and easier file navigation in explorer, etc.

First thing about Cubase 5: it looks like they took
out the "lower latency" option that LE4 had. A good idea,
because that's the main thing that was causing the
horrible digital skipping in LE4 (when you didn't have
it checked). Now it's always on the lowest latency, which
is how it should be.

So I've finally gotten the free CVPiano to work smoothly now, and
it sounds good. There are still audible digital artifacts
during fast, busy, higher # of voices passages, but it's
not too bad. I'm gonna try Synthogy Ivory 1.5 and see how
much better it might be. Actually, some of the Halion pianos
that came with Cubase 5 are NOT THAT BAD. In the end, the choice
of VST will be song dependent, of course.

I'm also gonna try Hauptwerk 4 for organs....

CAN CUBASE LE TRANSCRIBE MY PIANO PERFORMANCE??? Paul[_13_] Pro Audio 71 June 4th 10 04:54 PM
Cubase SX2 on Laptop help StraightEight Pro Audio 5 July 5th 05 09:01 AM
cubase update 101 adamp3 Pro Audio 0 June 17th 04 05:53 PM
experimental thumb piano music update Aptrev Audio Opinions 0 October 4th 03 10:46 PM
experimental thumb piano music update Aptrev Pro Audio 0 October 4th 03 10:45 PM