Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron Capik[_3_] Ron Capik[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a need for Rec.Audio.Home-Theater or some such?

The recent home theater threads [Avatar's sound track, The Loudness Wars
Reconsidered, ...missing channels... ] have me wondering if there might
be some need for a new non pro newsgroup to address these issues?

Home theater seems to be a bit of a stretch for this group. I don't know
if this is just a topical transient or a direction in to which r.a.p
folks wish
to expand.

I've played with surround sound a bit with my community theater group
but haven't done any home theater stuff, so I don't have a dog in the
fight.

Anyway, just a thought.

Later...
Ron Capik
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 11:33:13 -0500, Ron Capik
wrote:

The recent home theater threads [Avatar's sound track, The Loudness Wars
Reconsidered, ...missing channels... ] have me wondering if there might
be some need for a new non pro newsgroup to address these issues?

Home theater seems to be a bit of a stretch for this group. I don't know
if this is just a topical transient or a direction in to which r.a.p
folks wish
to expand.

I've played with surround sound a bit with my community theater group
but haven't done any home theater stuff, so I don't have a dog in the
fight.

Anyway, just a thought.

Later...
Ron Capik

Home theatre figures so little here that it would be hard to justify a
new group on the basis of what we have seen. Maybe there are other
non-Usenet forums out there somewhere.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Some of these threads are more or less directly related to professional
recording practices.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron Capik[_3_] Ron Capik[_3_] is offline

Understood.