Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default Steve Jobs was a fraud

On 1/2/2012 5:19 PM, Marc Wielage wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 18:26:52 -0800, William Sommerwerck wrote
(in ):

Frog, actually. A scorpion wouldn't have been able to sting a tortoise.
------------------------------snip------------------------------

Here's the story:

http://www.snopes.com/critters/malice/scorpion.asp

I don't think it's possible for CEOs to be "nice" to their employees. There
has to be some emotional distance, and a "line of familiarity" that should
not be crossed.
------------------------------snip------------------------------

There's a difference between "nice" and demanding respect, vs. throttling
employees and bludgeoning them verbally the point where they're frightened
out of their wits, on the verge of collapse. Steve Jobs did that to a
lotttta people. I've worked for several CEO's who were very demanding, but
not abusive or combative.

Have you read the book?

Hewlett and Packard ran another successful company, and they
didn't have to be assholes to do it.

Steve Jobs is proof that you don't need to be the smartest
person to run a company, just the most emotionally brutal.

That being said, he was very good at seeing the potential
of other people's ideas (XEROX), and applying them with
good business sense.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
vdubreeze vdubreeze is offline

On Jan 18, 11:55*am, Paul wrote:

Hewlett and Packard ran another successful company, and they
didn't have to be assholes to do it.

Steve Jobs is proof that you don't need to be the smartest
person to run a company, just the most emotionally brutal.

That being said, he was very good at seeing the potential
of other people's ideas (XEROX), and applying them with
good business sense.

That there's three not correct statements. Should have put a correct
one in there to balance it out, but whatever.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

On 1/18/2012 4:56 PM, vdubreeze wrote:
On Jan 18, 11:55 am, wrote:

Hewlett and Packard ran another successful company, and they
didn't have to be assholes to do it.

Steve Jobs is proof that you don't need to be the smartest
person to run a company, just the most emotionally brutal.

That being said, he was very good at seeing the potential
of other people's ideas (XEROX), and applying them with
good business sense.

That there's three not correct statements. Should have put a correct
one in there to balance it out, but whatever.

No, my 3 correct statements are balanced
out by your one completely idiotic one.....

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jan 18, 11:55 am, *wrote:

Hewlett and Packard ran another successful company, and they
didn't have to be assholes to do it.

Steve Jobs is proof that you don't need to be the smartest
person to run a company, just the most emotionally brutal.

That being said, he was very good at seeing the potential
of other people's ideas (XEROX), and applying them with
good business sense.

That there's three not correct statements. * Should have put a correct
one in there to balance it out, but whatever.

* * No, my 3 correct statements are balanced
out by your one completely idiotic one.....

If history ended in 1968 and we could all make broad sweeping
statements utilizing the obvious famous blurbs for our whole points
while ignoring the info we choose to ignore then yes, you'd be
completely correct. Otherwise...

Steve Jobs was a fraud Doc Pro Audio 2 January 15th 12 01:29 PM
R.I.P. Steve Jobs Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Pro Audio 55 November 6th 11 05:42 PM
R.I.P. Steve Jobs Danny ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~_/) ~~ Pro Audio 57 October 16th 11 06:11 AM
R.I.P. Steve Jobs Richard Webb[_3_] Pro Audio 11 October 10th 11 09:02 PM
60 Inspirational Steve Jobs Quotes david correia Pro Audio 0 February 13th 11 03:13 AM