Posted to rec.audio.pro
Doc Doc is offline

Default Steve Jobs was a fraud

On Dec 30 2011, 8:16*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

I find it to be a significant understatement, because it takes an
outstanding understanding of user needs and excellent industrial design and
dismisses as "attractive packaging".

He raised the bar in many areas.

And made an excellent large business out of it. Twice, or more if you
include Pixar, etc.

It is all about vision and vison-casting. Vision is relatively easy.
Effective vision-casting is rare and extremely valuable.

Contemplating what you've said here. Are you saying finding something
the public really wants is in itself laudable? Apparently much of the
public really wants heroin, cocaine etc., gambling, prostitution,
empty calorie nutritionally toxic foods, ****ty TV shows and Madonna.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Doc wrote:

On Dec 30 2011, 8:16 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

I find it to be a significant understatement, because it takes an
outstanding understanding of user needs and excellent industrial design and
dismisses as "attractive packaging".

He raised the bar in many areas.

And made an excellent large business out of it. Twice, or more if you
include Pixar, etc.

It is all about vision and vison-casting. Vision is relatively easy.
Effective vision-casting is rare and extremely valuable.

Contemplating what you've said here. Are you saying finding something
the public really wants is in itself laudable? Apparently much of the
public really wants heroin, cocaine etc., gambling, prostitution,
empty calorie nutritionally toxic foods, ****ty TV shows and Madonna.

No, Arny is saying that finding something the public doesn't yet know it
wants can be valuable, and sometimes laudable, too.

Once upon a time the public didn't know it wanted "the Internet". Now it
can't tell that from the World Wide Web.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Doc" wrote in message
On Dec 30 2011, 8:16 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

I find it to be a significant understatement, because it takes an
outstanding understanding of user needs and excellent industrial design
and
dismisses as "attractive packaging".

He raised the bar in many areas.

And made an excellent large business out of it. Twice, or more if you
include Pixar, etc.

It is all about vision and vison-casting. Vision is relatively easy.
Effective vision-casting is rare and extremely valuable.

Contemplating what you've said here. Are you saying finding something

the public really wants is in itself laudable?

Of course not. The context of this thread is technological progress. Please
don't take my comments out of their context.

Apparently much of the

public really wants heroin, cocaine etc., gambling, prostitution,
empty calorie nutritionally toxic foods, ****ty TV shows and Madonna.

I don't see where any of those things require special innovation or energy.
In fact, they represent some of the oldest and most backward technologies
around.