Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] pgw1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Transformerless mic splitter

Could someone provide me a schematic of a Transformerless mic
splitter. If possible respond to my e-mail address. Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 16, 11:30 pm, " wrote:
Could someone provide me a schematic of a Transformerless mic
splitter.

Just use a Y cable. If you need a schematic to work from in order to
build this, or if you need help drawing that schematic, then you'd
best not try any DIY projects just yet.

Of course there are more complicated variations, depending on what
other problem you're needing to solve other than to sent a mic to two
source. For starters, try not to apply phantom power from both
sources.

Your questions (and answers):

Q. Won't this mismatch the mic impedance?
A. Yes

Q. WIll this affect the sound quality?
A. Yes

Q. Should I care?
A. Listen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
none none is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:

IN 1 ------------+-------- 1 OUT1
IN 2 ------------|-+------ 2 OUT1
IN 3 ------------|-|-+---- 3 OUT1
| | |
+-|-|---- 1 OUT1
+-|---- 2 OUT1
+---- 3 OUT1
That's it.

In case any hum should appear as soon as you plug in the second
audio-device try to put a resistor, 10 Ohm / 1 Watt, in series
with the ground connection, inside one of the XLR-connectors.

10 Ohm
IN 1 ------------+-----v^v^v--- 1 OUT1
IN 2 ------------|-+----------- 2 OUT1
IN 3 ------------|-|-+--------- 3 OUT1
| | |

Andre

transformerless <=50 ohm output mics with transformer input pres [email protected] Pro Audio 6 October 9th 05 05:11 PM
TOS Link Splitter Julian Pro Audio 9 June 26th 05 03:51 AM
FM splitter or FM tap [email protected] Tech 14 May 11th 05 11:13 PM
Phase splitter w/ no name Tom Schlangen Vacuum Tubes 8 February 10th 05 04:40 PM
Tube preamp transformerless powersupply? Patrik Vacuum Tubes 20 August 20th 04 02:18 PM