Posted to rec.audio.pro
Sean B Sean B is offline

Default Shure SM7b Question

Hello,

I'm wondering if I'm reading this schematic correctly:

https://pubs.shure.com/view/guide/SM7B/en-US.pdf

(Wiring diagram is near the bottom of the document)

So the bass roll-off and presence-boost circuits are connected in parallel with the voice coil?

Thanks,

Sean B

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Sean B wrote:

I'm wondering if I'm reading this schematic correctly:

https://pubs.shure.com/view/guide/SM7B/en-US.pdf

(Wiring diagram is near the bottom of the document)

So the bass roll-off and presence-boost circuits are connected in
parallel with the voice coil?

** That is the best way to *predictably alter* the output of the mic with little regard to varying pre-amp loads.

The 260mH inductor bypasses part of the mic's low frequency current, while the "presence" series tuned circuit does the same for a band around 3.3 kHz.

The presence circuit is used in the "flat" condition and is switched out for boost.

FYI 260mH = 81 ohms at 50Hz.

..... Phil

Shure SM7B windscreen question joe h Pro Audio 2 September 19th 11 12:28 AM
Shure PE56D repair question Cyberserf[_2_] Pro Audio 2 November 1st 10 12:59 AM
Shure SM7B adam79 Pro Audio 8 October 26th 07 09:03 AM
what do the roll off switches on a SM7B do? spud Pro Audio 4 January 11th 07 03:55 AM
SM7b or RE27? rich Pro Audio 10 March 20th 06 09:13 AM