Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Default oh, Mikey.... yoo-hoo, Mikey....

Do you believe I "disagree" with you? About audio, I mean. We can leave
politics out of it because everybody disagrees with you on that subject.

Really, Mickey. Tell me what you believe that I disagree with.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Do you believe I "disagree" with you? About audio, I mean. We can leave
politics out of it because everybody disagrees with you on that subject.

Really, Mickey. Tell me what you believe that I disagree with.

Can I play? Ok, I don't think you really disagree about cables and amps
and the like....I think you're deep into personal freedoms and believe
people should be allowed to believe what they want wether it's supported
by testing or not without having their nose rubbed in it.

Is there a prize in this game? a bazillion weilpoints haven't won me
anything.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:03:03 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

Is there a prize in this game? a bazillion weilpoints haven't won me
anything.

Not even any self-awareness.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Terrierborg, you just gave dave a truckload of Scottiepoints.

Do you believe I "disagree" with you? About audio, I mean. We can leave
politics out of it because everybody disagrees with you on that subject.

Really, Mickey. Tell me what you believe that I disagree with.

Can I play? Ok, I don't think you really disagree about cables and amps
and the like....I think you're deep into personal freedoms and believe
people should be allowed to believe what they want wether it's supported
by testing or not without having their nose rubbed in it.

Thanks Mr. Terrierborg for admitting you want to control what people
believe. Also thanks Scottie for admitting you want consumer purchases
to be governed by "test results" instead of human feelings.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

wrote:

Is there a prize in this game? a bazillion weilpoints haven't won me
anything.

Not even any self-awareness.

I won a stalker though... I keep him on a leash and he follows me around,
but he can't really do anything, by his own admission his abilities really
suck.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:17:17 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Is there a prize in this game? a bazillion weilpoints haven't won me
anything.

Not even any self-awareness.

I won a stalker though... I keep him on a leash and he follows me around,
but he can't really do anything, by his own admission his abilities really
suck.

I guess you have to look for whatever high point in life that you can
find...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:17:17 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Is there a prize in this game? a bazillion weilpoints haven't won me
anything.

Not even any self-awareness.

I won a stalker though... I keep him on a leash and he follows me
around,
but he can't really do anything, by his own admission his abilities really
suck.

I guess you have to look for whatever high point in life that you can
find...

another ability that must suck...distinguishing life from usenet.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Do you believe I "disagree" with you? About audio, I mean. We can leave
politics out of it because everybody disagrees with you on that subject.

Really, Mickey. Tell me what you believe that I disagree with.

Since you so rarely talk about audio, it's very difficult to know what you
think about it, other than ABX is not useful, in your opinion for consumer
audio.

Hopefully, you're smart enough to know that designer cable is a waste of
money and that there are more improvements to be had from changing one's
speakers, than from anything else.

If you would post a list of the things you believe about audio, it would be
much easier to discuss.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Mikey, I see you've taken a break from your pharmaceutical regimen in
order to make a brief sojourn in reality-land. I'd say you should do a
better job of embracing reality, but if I did, I'd be lying.

Do you believe I "disagree" with you? About audio, I mean. We can leave
politics out of it because everybody disagrees with you on that subject.

Really, Mickey. Tell me what you believe that I disagree with.

Since you so rarely talk about audio, it's very difficult to know what you
think about it, other than ABX is not useful, in your opinion for consumer
audio.

But you agree with that, Mikey. You are terrified of undertaking aBxism
rituals yourself. We all assume that's because you're not as adept at
lying to yourself as the Krooborg is, and you might have to acknowledge
that the holy blinding rituals don't always cloak audible differences. At
any rate, the main point is that I know aBxism "tests" are a waste of
time, and you know it also. So we agree.

Hopefully, you're smart enough to know that designer cable is a waste of
money and that there are more improvements to be had from changing one's
speakers, than from anything else.

I agree with the part about speakers. The bit about cables is an opinion,
not a fact, and I agree with it. So we agree about those areas also.

If you would post a list of the things you believe about audio, it would be
much easier to discuss.

Speaking for myself, I believe CD is a better solution than vinyl. Don't
you agree?

Anyway, you've attempted to duck the point of my post. The point, as
always, is that my main problem with the Krooborg, and with you to a
lesser extent, has NOTHING to do with audio opinions. This point has been
explained to you at length by a large number of people, and still you fail
to grasp it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[...]

Its a waste of time until someone wants to take a claim beyond the
realm of opinion. Then what?

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Mikey, I see you've taken a break from your pharmaceutical regimen in
order to make a brief sojourn in reality-land. I'd say you should do a
better job of embracing reality, but if I did, I'd be lying.

Do you believe I "disagree" with you? About audio, I mean. We can leave
politics out of it because everybody disagrees with you on that
subject.

Really, Mickey. Tell me what you believe that I disagree with.

Since you so rarely talk about audio, it's very difficult to know what
you
think about it, other than ABX is not useful, in your opinion for
consumer
audio.

But you agree with that, Mikey.

I do?

You are terrified of undertaking aBxism
rituals yourself.

No, I just never have been asked, and never bothered to set one up.

We all assume that's because you're not as adept at
lying to yourself as the Krooborg is, and you might have to acknowledge
that the holy blinding rituals don't always cloak audible differences.

You assume lots of crap, that's part of what makes you the swine you are.

At
any rate, the main point is that I know aBxism "tests" are a waste of
time, and you know it also. So we agree.

I don't agree, I think it's possible for people who wish to, to conduct
their own tests. They can buy the ABX comparator or build their own. Or if
they are smart they can realize that enough stuff is of high enough quality
that they can forget the whole thing unless they are into wierd esoteric
high end crap designed for less than flat response.

Hopefully, you're smart enough to know that designer cable is a waste of
money and that there are more improvements to be had from changing one's
speakers, than from anything else.

I agree with the part about speakers. The bit about cables is an opinion,

It's based on the fact that nobody has ever been able to tell them apart in
a blind test.

not a fact, and I agree with it. So we agree about those areas also.

If you would post a list of the things you believe about audio, it would
be
much easier to discuss.

Speaking for myself, I believe CD is a better solution than vinyl. Don't
you agree?

Absolutely and way more cost effective.

Anyway, you've attempted to duck the point of my post. The point, as
always, is that my main problem with the Krooborg, and with you to a
lesser extent, has NOTHING to do with audio opinions. This point has been
explained to you at length by a large number of people, and still you fail
to grasp it.

And you fail to grasp that I don't give a **** about why you attack him,
your doing so is a waste of time and serves no purpose. He is who he is
and most of the time if left alone he presents good solid audio info. I
don't care if you disagree with him. Stop being a pussy and get over it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:02:13 -0800, "ScottW"
wrote:

Its a waste of time until someone wants to take a claim beyond the
realm of opinion.

Rarely happens here in RAO. Even Arnold and his ilk have now claimed
that dbts don't have to be supported by science but is only the
opinion of people with "half a brain".

You're too wound up in your weird thought process and anger to see
otherwise.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

wrote:

You're too wound up in your weird thought process and anger to see
otherwise.

Irony noted.

ScottW