Robert Losonci

Default new JJ ECC803 tubes ribbed longplate for another sound

Gentleman
here are the new JJ driver tubes ECC803 for another sound.
The longplate is ribbed .
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...1730 699&rd=1

regards
Robert Losonci

--
My web
http://www.tubeprofi.com
Ruud Broens

"Robert Losonci" wrote in message
y.telekom.at...
Gentleman
here are the new JJ driver tubes ECC803 for another sound.
The longplate is ribbed .
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=3861730 699&
rd=1

regards
Robert Losonci

Curves don't look too bad, with Ra=180 k, Uak=230 v, Ia=1.6 mA, Ug1k=-1.5 V
2 Vtt in issa OK
Rudy

Gregg

Looks to me like a plain ol' 12AX7A?

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"
Ruud Broens

"Gregg" wrote in message
: Looks to me like a plain ol' 12AX7A?
:
: --
: Gregg t3h g33k
: "Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"
: http://geek.scorpiorising.ca

well, certainly 'driver tube' would be stretching it a bit, better use
it in a mu-stage :-)
R.

Jim McShane

Robert Losonci wrote...

Gentleman
here are the new JJ driver tubes ECC803 for
another sound. The longplate is ribbed .

I wish they'd just concentrate on making what's
already in production properly. I quit handling
their ECC83s - 40% rejection rates won't cut
it, nearly all had one section well below minimums.

They've changed their 6L6GC from the cool red
base to a new black base, and the soldering is
now atrocious. Solder has run down the side of
the pins, and it comes off in little slivers when you
put the tube in the socket. Nice, eh? When my
present stock of JJ 6L6GC is gone they're history
too. I have to hand scrape every pin on the tubes
I have before I can ship 'em.

I had to toss 60% of the JJ GZ34s in the trash,
due to the miswiring problem. Their KT-88s
had problems too.

The only JJs I will continue to stock are the EL84,
which so far has been great and the E34L. I'm giving
the 12DW7 a try too, so we'll see.

Between Ei and JJ there's more junk being made
than good stuff.

Jim McShane
Need Tubes? Got a H-K Citation (Pre) Amp?
Check http://pages.prodigy.net/jimmcshane
Repro knobs for Citation gear in stock!