Patrick Turner

Brian Bower wrote:

Im Glad i started this Debate. It has been on the top ten list in
rec.audio.tubes for several weeks.
See the Movie and It will make you think again. You will see in the
movie what im trying to say.....Remember America is Like DisneyLand only
We The People can Dream and Make America the Way We Want it. The Way the
Citizens want it.... - Brian Bower, Las Vegas Nevada.

I am not sure that this debate is on the top 10 hit parade,
but the american public will give their verdict on evidence presented
on Nov 2, with or without Osama captured, which may not matter, since
far larger issues are on their minds.

Just remember, the only real reason for the posse into Iraq was to secure
oil supplies for US companies, and all other reasons were trumped up
to justify the oil grab.
A sizable % of Iraqis don't agree with the invasion of their country,
and are fighting back just like the US would if it was invaded.

Americans as a people may agree with exactly this course the Bush Goverment
has taken them on, and bless its continuance, but we won't know until Nov 2.

Whatever the result, so be it.

Patrick Turner.

Lord Valve

Brian Bower wrote:

Im Glad i started this Debate. It has been on the top ten list in
rec.audio.tubes for several weeks.
See the Movie and It will make you think again. You will see in the
movie what im trying to say.....Remember America is Like DisneyLand only
We The People can Dream and Make America the Way We Want it. The Way the
Citizens want it.... - Brian Bower, Las Vegas Nevada.

And Maybe if We Type in All Caps or Capitalize all the Nouns and
sing Kum-by-ya and eat Wheat Germ and wear Tie Dyed Shirts
and use Alternative Transportation all the Bad Guys will stop trying
to Blow Up New York.

You ****ing kook - grow up.

Lord Valve
American

Patrick Turner

Lord Valve wrote:

Brian Bower wrote:

Im Glad i started this Debate. It has been on the top ten list in
rec.audio.tubes for several weeks.
See the Movie and It will make you think again. You will see in the
movie what im trying to say.....Remember America is Like DisneyLand only
We The People can Dream and Make America the Way We Want it. The Way the
Citizens want it.... - Brian Bower, Las Vegas Nevada.

And Maybe if We Type in All Caps or Capitalize all the Nouns and
sing Kum-by-ya and eat Wheat Germ and wear Tie Dyed Shirts
and use Alternative Transportation all the Bad Guys will stop trying
to Blow Up New York.

You ****ing kook - grow up.

Lord Valve
American

Who cares about Hippies with a Mission?
You still can't explain why America is hated in so many countries.
Don't be afraid to look at the reasons, your eyeballs will not fall out.

Patrick Turner

Sander deWaal

Patrick Turner said:

Lord Valve
American

Who cares about Hippies with a Mission?
You still can't explain why America is hated in so many countries.
Don't be afraid to look at the reasons, your eyeballs will not fall out.

Please don't condemn an entire country just by some retarded rednecks
like Lord Willie or George Bush.

There *are* nice Americans, and it's a beautiful country (to visit
anyway, whether I would like to live there is another matter :-).

And to be frank, the (Muslim) fundamentalists are getting more and
more a problem.
The same principle applies here, though: don't condemn an entire
belief system just because some retarded camel drivers want to blow up
everything in sight that looks Western to them.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Patrick Turner

And to be frank, the (Muslim) fundamentalists are getting more and
more a problem.
The same principle applies here, though: don't condemn an entire
belief system just because some retarded camel drivers want to blow up
everything in sight that looks Western to them.

I don't condemn all Americans or arabs.
Extremists have always existed and when they bring death and destruction,
we should root them out to face justice, lest they strike again.
But any nation should be aware of its own vices,
and its own malevant schemes that bring disrepute,
because few angels walk in the corridoors of power.
The world needs Micheal Moore, and the open voice of dissent, lest
the course of history decided be untested or unwise.

And let the voters of America decide America's future.

Patrick Turner.

Captain Crane

Top 10 .......

Wayner

As an outsider (Canadian) I can only echo what ws just said.
I saw the movie and got the same reaction as Peter.

As in watching car wrecks I was so curious in seeing it ..until 30 minutes
into it then I felt as if I was going to froth from the mouth. I don't like
Mr. Bush either, but this movie was not up to par with Moore's other good "B
4 C" documentary. It seemed a personal vendetta with out of context cuts,
playing with my emotions and simultaneously trying to make me feel like a
chump while sitting there.

Like our recent federal election told, yours may do the same: a big surprise
at how intelligent the electorate can be when the chips are down.

Good luck, America.

Wayner

"Peter Ip" wrote in message
om...
(Brian Bower) wrote in message

Im Glad i started this Debate. It has been on the top ten list in
rec.audio.tubes for several weeks.
See the Movie and It will make you think again. You will see in the
movie what im trying to say.....Remember America is Like DisneyLand only
We The People can Dream and Make America the Way We Want it. The Way the
Citizens want it.... - Brian Bower, Las Vegas Nevada.

This is absolutely nonsensical. The F911 is a movie. It is
entertainment. Moore can ridicule anyone he dislikes but you don't
need him to think for you. You still have a head. You are supposed
to read the news and watch what the candidates say and make your own
decision. You don't have a move to help you to form an opinion.

P. Ip

Patrick Turner

Wayner wrote:

As an outsider (Canadian) I can only echo what ws just said.
I saw the movie and got the same reaction as Peter.

As in watching car wrecks I was so curious in seeing it ..until 30 minutes
into it then I felt as if I was going to froth from the mouth. I don't like
Mr. Bush either, but this movie was not up to par with Moore's other good "B
4 C" documentary. It seemed a personal vendetta with out of context cuts,
playing with my emotions and simultaneously trying to make me feel like a
chump while sitting there.

Like our recent federal election told, yours may do the same: a big surprise
at how intelligent the electorate can be when the chips are down.

Good luck, America.

Wayner

When I saw this movie I felt Moore didn't insult my intelligence,
and nor did I feel a rage because he was wrong.

I have heard the sort of thing he said all before, by the left wing
who objected to our government's policy here in Oz to join
with the US and wage war against one of the sides fighting a civil war in
Vietnam.

But I liked Kerry's idea that a peace loving country shouldn't
go to war because it wants to, but only when it has to.

I quite see the purpose of chasing down Al Quaeda but the Iraq posse
was an oil grab based on lies about WMD.

The right wing who always backs their governments stance as long as their sons
don't get blown to bits always makes the same tired old justifications for war,
and nearly every empire of the last 8,000 years has done it.

I see good reason that stern opposition parties can function well in any
society, unfettered by secret police and death squads, so that the ruling
party has to *continually* proove its doing it best, not getting away with its
worst,
as is so often the case.

Here in Oz everyone must vote, or be fined for not doing so.
We don't have the freedom to ignore what goes on, since we came to the idea
that the benefits and the rights under a democracy must be accompanied by
a duty of care for it, lest it perish. There used to be compulsory trade
unionism
in many industries, because where workers fought for conditions
not easily given them by bosses, then all who benefitted should
be within a union. The right wing also hates unions, but has no objection
to unions formed amoungst employers.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Patrick Turner

"Peter Ip" wrote in message
om...
(Brian Bower) wrote in message

Im Glad i started this Debate. It has been on the top ten list in
rec.audio.tubes for several weeks.
See the Movie and It will make you think again. You will see in the
movie what im trying to say.....Remember America is Like DisneyLand only
We The People can Dream and Make America the Way We Want it. The Way the
Citizens want it.... - Brian Bower, Las Vegas Nevada.

This is absolutely nonsensical. The F911 is a movie. It is
entertainment. Moore can ridicule anyone he dislikes but you don't
need him to think for you. You still have a head. You are supposed
to read the news and watch what the candidates say and make your own
decision. You don't have a move to help you to form an opinion.

P. Ip

Chris Morriss

In message , Patrick Turner
writes

"Peter Ip" wrote in message
om...
(Brian Bower) wrote in message

Im Glad i started this Debate. It has been on the top ten list in
rec.audio.tubes for several weeks.
See the Movie and It will make you think again. You will see in the
movie what im trying to say.....Remember America is Like DisneyLand only
We The People can Dream and Make America the Way We Want it. The Way the
Citizens want it.... - Brian Bower, Las Vegas Nevada.

This is absolutely nonsensical. The F911 is a movie. It is
entertainment. Moore can ridicule anyone he dislikes but you don't
need him to think for you. You still have a head. You are supposed
to read the news and watch what the candidates say and make your own
decision. You don't have a move to help you to form an opinion.

P. Ip

Compulsory trade unionism!! My God, I never realised that Australia was
that fascist. What happened if you didn't join a union, room 101?
--
Chris Morriss.
Patrick Turner

Compulsory trade unionism!! My God, I never realised that Australia was
that fascist. What happened if you didn't join a union, room 101?
--
Chris Morriss.

Being a member of an appropriate union was necessary before one could
work on a building site. No ticket, no start, and the bosses enjoyed far less
trouble
by enforcing this rule.
This old rule has been broken down, and workers are now on individual contracts,
and conditions workers had won in bitter fights with bosses have no been wound back.

Compulsory voting that I mentioned doesn't mean some prick looks over your shoulder
when you vote to make sure you do. Actual voting is done by secret anonymous ballot.

The law merely requires that you ensure you are registered on the electoral roll,
and that you turn up to a polling booth on election day, and proceed to
register your presence by passing through the booth.
Failure to do so attracts a slap on the wrist type of fine, about $25.
Many ppl don't fill in the voting forms or they write Get F****d across the form,
but at least they are more likely to take it seriously, since the system gets them
off their lazy arses
to do their duty to everyone else.

Democracy don't mean you have total freedom; there are complex road rules,
and laws to control our social behaviour.
When onerous, or inappropriate, our deomcracy allows us reform laws,
but without pools of blood.
We have been a democratic nation for a long time.
We started in 1788, and we have never come near having a civil war.
But like most colonies of mother nations in Europe in former times, we
had an undeclared war on the indigenous populations of the nation,
and those we didn't shoot, we poisoned, or they died of small pox etc.
The blacks here were treated quite shamefully.
As a democracy, the people of Oz have voted to
stop further involvement in silly wars against nations who were no threat to us.
In 1972, we dumped the right wing govt which had been in power for 23 years,
and we then said a very firm "NO!" to providing further support for the american
actions in Vietnam.
This didn't make america our enemy.

Yesterday, 42 very prominent Oz citizens came out and officially
condemned the leader of our nation, John Howard, for lying about Iraq,
and the reasons for going in there, and the groups spokesman
was no less than a retired army chief, who was in charge during the first Gulf war.
There is egg all over our prime minister's face.

The people may well kick out our present mean and tricky little leader soon.
An election is due within a few months.

Patrick Turner.

Captain Crane

This Thread is still in the Top 10 now for 5 weeks.... Now if only I
could get payed for starting things like this...?
I could be the next - Mel Brooks or Speilberg. I could Hire Lord Valve
and he can bring in his .0012 watt fillimant into the studio and cuss
and use bad language until the cows come home. How bout it Lord Valve -
WE LOVE YOU !!!!.
Now the Music Sound Track - we need a theme song. Somthing like the
tube thyermon -- ooh that erie sound that they used in old B made Sci-Fi
movies.
And a Close - Up of Lord Valves Blood shot eyes.... We can have a scene
when Lord Valve has to go to the Bathroom and we watch him go into the
bathroom and sit down and all 4 walls including the ceiling are covered
with tubes. Lord Valve looks up at a tube while he is straining to
****(basicly he's constipated and he yells out the tube names....
SYLVANIA, GEeeeeeeee, RCAaaaaaaaaaa..... PHILCOOOOO....
This would be a classic seen in the movie. Well all what do you think
???? Will this be a Hit or What ????
Brian - Las Vegas, NV

Captain Crane

Is this a Hit or What ...... hahhahaha

Captain Crane

We need you Lord Valve - Were making a Tube Movie.... Bring in your
0012 watt Filimant tube and those blood shot eyes. Will make you a
STAR or the Brightest Tube around.... whatever you want to be Lord
Valve....
Scene 34 : Lord Valve holding a Sylvania Bottle tube in his hand and the
Live Chorus with all Gay Singers and a Black Negro Band Playing ---
GLORY GLORY HALALUYA.... the tears are already comming down my eyes...
and then for the ending of the song. The Old Sylvania Tubes lights up
and Glows and Lord Valve Smiles and a tear runs down his face. Then The
Sylvania Big Bottle tube burns his hand and Lord Valve Screams.......
Oh this is classic Stuff here.... What do you all think of this movie.
And the Title of the Movie will be : LORD VALVE - Vacummn Tube
American... Music by John Williams.... Oh the money we could make !!!!
Brian - Las Vegas, NV

Captain Crane

HAHAHAHA... The LORD VALVE SHOW in COLOR..... Starring Lord Valve and
the Gay Chorus Backup Singer's. Also Staring the all Negro Band....
Sing it Lord !!!!

Sander deWaal

Jon Yaeger said:

Plonk! What took me so long?

Agreed. Even Mad Willie's rants are better to stomach.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."

Bob Hedberg

Back then, there was nothing on the shelf for ss hardening. We
developed it at a very high cost.

"Trevor Wilson" wrote:

"Bob Hedberg" wrote in message
.. .
On a further note; If a country didn't have the money/expertise to
develope hardening for all of it's ss equipment used in combat,
wouldn't it just do what it could with tube equipment?

**No. It would simply buy it off the shelf. Gearing up to use tubes in
military equipment is (now) FAR too expensive.

Advanced technology improvements require large amounts of r&d money.

**Which is why you buy it from the people who have done all the work.

Bob H.

Just grab that plate in one hand, the chassis in the other,
and FEEL the power of tube audio!!!
(not literally, of course, just kidding. DON'T DO THAT!)
TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

Military requirements change, both because the mission is not really very well
defined, beyond killing Those Bad Guys, and because new stuff is cool.

Some military applications use vacuum tubes, today!

Many do not.

Versus is a mental construct. It seems much more useful than it is

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
Patrick Turner

TubeGarden wrote:

Hi RATs!

Military requirements change, both because the mission is not really very well
defined, beyond killing Those Bad Guys, and because new stuff is cool.

Some military applications use vacuum tubes, today!

Many do not.

Versus is a mental construct. It seems much more useful than it is

Happy Ears!
Al

One has to watch old Versus.

He reminds me of that other Roman general who led 20,000 men into
an ambush by Acturious, the german, in the year AD 6, thus
losing 20 dB of the Roman army in one catastrophe.

Germany thus lost Rome, and Rome lost Germany, and this led
to hundreds of years of barbaric behaviour in Germany, before they started
writing the best music and poetry, which came later, when the ideas about Versus
didn't
get a chance to cause so much adversarial dilemmas.

We are *compelled* to make our computers fail safe even when bombed
by nuclear weapons, lest we be defeated. Unlike the soldiers of the year 6 AD,
our young folks won't volunteer to fight if they are led into an unknown
battlefield,
and there is a big risk of being shot at.
And now the US is considering little tactical nukes for battlefield use,
( like others of its national adversaries) .
Tubes will never play any important part again.
They used to have 12,500 tubes on a large aircraft carrier in 1955.
There were 250 technicians to keep the show on the road.
Now the same crew of techs are armed with billions of transistors.

But the weakest link is now the human judgement.

Nothing is hard enough to withstand a fool.

Patrick Turner.

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead

Captain Crane

oh yeah.......

Captain Crane

I Hope the USA is Ready if there is a EMP - Bomb Blast - it will wipe
out all Pentium 4's , Computers all dead, Transmitters all Dead...
Tube Radios will still work ... Brian Las Vegas , NV
FYI : Pesident Bush was here Today in Las Vegas giving speeches.... and
Sweating like a Pig.... 110 deg today.
President Bush said an Airconditioner in every home in las vegas by 2008
if we vote for him. AC - Units provided by Haliburton INC....

Captain Crane

Tubes V's Chips in todays Military on Tonights Wonderful World of Disney
- In Color... And Now here is your host Walt Disney....
Walt Disney : Hello and welcome to our show. Tonight we will be
showing an animated cartoon about Tubes V's Chips in Todays Military.
Instead of having a cartoon with Donald Duck or Mickey or Goofy we have
some new characters. We call them this. --- Bush, Dick and Colon and
they will explain how they run the USA and also how they can still
operate in a Nuclear War or a Semi Nuclear War. Now if an EMP Bomb were
detonated all Pentium 4 chips would be destroyed . How will America
Survive. The Stock market crashes Should we go back to Tubes again
???. Lets Find out from our animated cartoon for the evening Bush ,
Dick and Colon and the Title of this cartoon is BUSHWAKING AMERICA.
TinkerBell - On with the Show !!!.
Brian - Las Vegas

Captain Crane

the usa needs more good ol tubes....

Captain Crane

The WonderFul World of Disney is brought to you by RCA Electron Tubes -
If you need a Tube Think of RCA made in the USA and proud of it !!!.
Also by Bush , Dick and Colon - as they are Exporting
America... Hell im Tired of buying Damn China Shoes and China TV's ,
VCR's and etc etc... - Brian Las Vegas

Captain Crane

The Wonderful World of Disney is also brought to you by GE. GE we bring
good things to life from Mexico. I bought a New GE Refrigerator and it
was made in Damn Mexico. GE and RCA used to be the Best Brands in the
USA... Now they are owned by a French Company in France. It should be
Illegal for a forign country to buy an American Company. It also should
Be Illegal for Forign companies to buy American Land... Our American Men
in wars Fought for this country and payed the price with their lives.
America Belongs to American People not Forign companies.
And you all heard it Here on The WonderFul World of Disney. See you all
next Sunday night on NBC ( Now Owned by French company that Bought RCA
and GE)
And Remember Dont Vote for Bush , Dick and Colon as America is Getting
SCREWED. Thank You and Now Stay Tuned for the Jack Benny Show.......

Captain Crane

Also Brought to you by Zenith - Zenith Now made in China. What the Hell
!!!
Where is the Good ol American Products and Quality.
Zenith, Curtis Mathes, Sylvania... Now made in China... **** !!! thats
what China Makes is ****....
Next Week on the Wonderful World of Disney - China Makes **** for
America. And now your Host Walt Disney....
Sponsored by GM - We now get our Engines in CHINA .... And by Ford - We
get our Engines from Korea... ****TTTTTTT !!!!!!!!!

Doug Schultz

"Captain Crane" wrote in message
The Wonderful World of Disney is also brought to you by GE. GE we bring
good things to life from Mexico. I bought a New GE Refrigerator and it
was made in Damn Mexico. GE and RCA used to be the Best Brands in the
USA... Now they are owned by a French Company in France. It should be
Illegal for a forign country to buy an American Company. It also should
Be Illegal for Forign companies to buy American Land... Our American Men
in wars Fought for this country and payed the price with their lives.
America Belongs to American People not Forign companies.
And you all heard it Here on The WonderFul World of Disney. See you all
next Sunday night on NBC ( Now Owned by French company that Bought RCA
and GE)
And Remember Dont Vote for Bush , Dick and Colon as America is Getting
SCREWED. Thank You and Now Stay Tuned for the Jack Benny Show.......

I wish it was illegal for American companies to leave their own borders too.
then I wouldnt have to worry about Monsanto buying up all the fresh water
supplies in the world.
If its good in one direction it must be good in the other.
there are many many comanies that would be really happy to have the American
companies not own land there.
In Canada we feel the same way about Americans buying up and exporting our
manufacturers.
Yaaaaaaay free trade.

Doug

Gregg

Behold, Doug Schultz signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

"Captain Crane" wrote in message

America Belongs to American People not Forign companies.

Unfortuneately, America, like Canada, belongs to the corporate fat cats,
not the people and hasn't for decades.....

I wish it was illegal for American companies to leave their own borders
too. then I wouldnt have to worry about Monsanto buying up all the fresh
water supplies in the world.

I used to work for them. Then I got a conciense. Got fired for it because
I refused to do illegal things.

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"
TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

We are just people

I have several pairs of SDAT/CAT/Mixsonic speakers which are made in China.
They are wonderful.

Earth is a planet. We live on it. All of us.

Some of us are willing to work very hard for very little money. It ain't fair.

Get over yourself. The future cannot be shouted into remission by crazed mental
midgets with bad attitudes and even less comprehension.

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
Doug Schultz

"Gregg" wrote in message
Behold, Doug Schultz signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

"Captain Crane" wrote in message

America Belongs to American People not Forign companies.

Unfortuneately, America, like Canada, belongs to the corporate fat cats,
not the people and hasn't for decades.....

I wish it was illegal for American companies to leave their own borders
too. then I wouldnt have to worry about Monsanto buying up all the fresh
water supplies in the world.

I used to work for them. Then I got a conciense. Got fired for it because
I refused to do illegal things.

We need more people with a consience.
or soon Monsanto will contol all the food we eat and all the water we drink.

Doug

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca

Captain Crane

Emp's either a bomb or miltary top secret hardware can cause pentium 4's
to be destroyed.. also transistors and other chips.....good luck
world....

Captain Crane

who is lord valve ??? is he an american or from France ?

Fred Nachbaur

Captain Crane wrote:

who is lord valve ??? is he an american or from France ?

He's very much American, and is one of the "colourful characters" that
contributes here and on a.g.a. and possibly elsewhere. He's a
knowledgable and helpful sort, who nonetheless seems to delight in
getting a rise out of people with his often outrageous political statements.

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects: http://dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Captain Crane

The Wonderful World of Disney is brought to you by. RCA Color TV's ....
Check out the New RCA XL100 TV's at a Dealer near you..... Actually the
RCA XL100 was a Xlint TV....

Captain Crane

Bring back Integrity to America again by having American Made
Products...
Bring the Companies back to America !!!