Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default Need advice for a small room

For me, stereo is about the imaging. I can't tell if my room is down
3db at 400hz, and frankly, I don't care as long as it sounds good. I
don't even go in for room treatment of any sort. Every room, including
a concert hall is going to have peaks and dips. I just live with that.

Right now I have a pair of Apogee Divas in a room that is about
15.5'x25'. Maybe I just got lucky, but I can walk just about anywhere
in the room and the image is locked in place. The only place this fails
is if I stand within a foot directly in front of one of the speakers.

I am planning to move and most of the rooms I am looking at tend to be
on the order of 10-12'. Sometimes they are almost square. I was all
hyped up on one product as a possibility for such a room until I found
out it was more about getting correct response from the room then the
kind of imaging I am after.

So, are there any imaging nuts out there who are dealing successfully
with small rooms? What are you doing?

small room and bass. RBernst929 High End Audio 25 July 8th 04 05:48 PM
small room acoustics Sidhu Pro Audio 6 July 1st 04 09:04 AM
Small room acoustics A. & G. Reiswig Pro Audio 13 April 9th 04 03:44 PM
small room (relatively); big monitors perry Pro Audio 5 March 11th 04 01:05 AM
Speakers for small room Moosebumps Audio Opinions 7 December 21st 03 12:24 AM