Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Where do you get drives for your ADAT-HD24

On 2008-07-31 said:
The point is that it is getting very difficult to *purchase*
PATA/IDE drives here in this age of SATA. That is
why asking friends for their "old" drives is a serious
suggestion.

ONe avenue, and one I've put the word out about myself.

I make that point about difficult purchase frequently and it's
always countered on a forum with a link to an on-line vendor who
has "plenty." But they're always different (both the vendors and
the supply of drives) so any relationship with a vendor is usually
short-lived and not always dependable.

Yep, and many of these only want to deal with somebody who's
using the plastic as well.

I wouldn't mind using a recycled drive for playing around (and in
fact I do that with my own "old" drives) but I'd rather have a new
or trusted drive for a paying customer.

dOvetails with my thoughts on it. Our plan is to just
factor the cost of the drive in, hand the client hd24tools
on a cd-r disk for his/her operating system of choice and
the drive. IF the client wants the session burned to cd-r
disks, then he/she will have to wait until we return home,
use the software to move the project from the hard disk,
burn cd-r disks and fedex them. wE're going to charge for
that.

I asked this question the other day on the hd24 forum and
got an answer as to which sata to ide conversions have been
found to work. Now to find out which chip the unit I can
get locally is based on g.
ROn might want to take a look at the hd-24 forum on yahoo
groups.

Richard webb,
replace anything before at with elspider