Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Mag Gam

Default Video Conversion on receivers, why do I need it?

I've noticed bunch of receivers have video conversions
:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sTHKrwuRGrI/cgi-bin/prodgroup.asp?g=10420&nvpair=FFWatts%5FPer%5FChann el|%5Brank1%5DUp+to+100&nvpair=AG%5FVideo%5FConver sion%7CFFComposite%5Fto%5FComponent#see_all

I am not sure why you would need this in a Home Audio Receiver.

BTW, I will be watching DVDs(480p), Xbox, and Ps3 (when it comes out)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bill Riel

In article . com,
says...
I've noticed bunch of receivers have video conversions
:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sTHKrwuRGrI/cgi-bin/prodgroup.asp?g=10420&nvpair=FFWatts%5FPer%5FChann el|%5Brank1%5DUp+to+100&nvpair=AG%5FVideo%5FConver sion%7CFFComposite%5Fto%5FComponent#see_all

I am not sure why you would need this in a Home Audio Receiver.

Probably the best place to ask about this would be on one of the AV web
based forums such as:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=90

But to answer your question: you don't need this, but it can be
convenient. For example, I've got a variety of video sources hooked up
to my 2106 and I run component video from that to my TV. This is handy
for a few reasons:
- I never need to change my TV input source.
- when I select a source using my receiver remote, it correctly switches
to the appropriate audio and video source. For me this has simplified my
setup and fewer remotes are used (my wife is very happy about this!)
- if you have a video source with an output that doesn't match your TV's
available inputs, you can still connect through your receiver.

It's not an essential feature by any means, but depending on your setup
it may offer some convenience.

--
Bill
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Mag Gam

Took your advice and joined!!!!

thanks for the good post!

shielding rca/component video J Tech 12 February 6th 06 01:59 PM
Synching Audio and Video: Newby Music Promo Production [email protected] Pro Audio 14 August 7th 05 04:27 AM
Wordclock&SMPTE in Composer/Digital system Rob Reedijk Pro Audio 7 February 10th 05 03:12 PM
FS: 400 Closeouts!! Video Game, Computer, Mobile A/V, Personal A/V Nexxon Car Audio 0 April 30th 04 07:53 AM
Forgotten giant stereo receivers of the 1970s Erik General 1 September 21st 03 04:14 PM