Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn

Default Cheney shoots a guy

No, really
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe 109

In article
,
Jenn wrote:

No, really

Wow! Cheney knows how to pick his hunting companions:

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...1/28harry.html

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Jenn said:

No, really

"According to the Washington Post, Vice President Dick Cheney is limping
today because he injured his foot. Cheney said 'If you think my foot looks
bad, you should see the old lady I was kicking.'" — Conan O'Brien

"Dick Cheney wouldn't even confirm that his daughter is gay. He just says
that she touches her roommate in an undisclosed location." — Bill Maher

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

"Jenn" wrote in message
No, really

Hunting accident.... really.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe 109

In article 7CNHf.109905$0G.11040@dukeread10,
"ScottW" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
No, really

Hunting accident.... really.

A hunting accident in which Cheney shot a guy... really.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn

In article 7CNHf.109905$0G.11040@dukeread10,
"ScottW" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
No, really

Hunting accident.... really.

ScottW

The quail won today, I guess. LOL
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: MINe 109
Date: Sun, Feb 12 2006 3:02 pm
Email: MINe 109

Wow! Cheney knows how to pick his hunting companions:

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...1/28harry.html

So a city has eminent domain (unless you're a well-connected republican
that can pay almost $400,000 in legal fees to get out of it).

Everything is much clearer now.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe 109

In article .com,

From: MINe 109
Date: Sun, Feb 12 2006 3:02 pm
Email: MINe 109

Wow! Cheney knows how to pick his hunting companions:

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...1/28harry.html

So a city has eminent domain (unless you're a well-connected republican
that can pay almost $400,000 in legal fees to get out of it).

Everything is much clearer now.

It would have been a very nice parking garage.

In a similar vein, a UT-area beer and burgers joint avoided being
engulfed by campus expansion when the proprietor's politician relative
got a state law passed that pretty much only affected his restaurant.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

From: MINe 109
Date: Sun, Feb 12 2006 8:21 pm
Email: MINe 109

In a similar vein, a UT-area beer and burgers joint avoided being
engulfed by campus expansion when the proprietor's politician relative
got a state law passed that pretty much only affected his restaurant.

Maybe he should go hunting with Cheney. That'd learn him.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"ScottW" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
No, really

Hunting accident.... really.

ScottW

The quail won today, I guess. LOL

Quayle??

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

oups.com...
From: MINe 109
Date: Sun, Feb 12 2006 3:02 pm
Email: MINe 109

Wow! Cheney knows how to pick his hunting companions:

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...1/28harry.html

So a city has eminent domain (unless you're a well-connected republican
that can pay almost $400,000 in legal fees to get out of it).

Everything is much clearer now.

Well, the jury awarded 7.7 million, more than the
3.9 million valuation by the city, and Whittington is still fighting the
battle
on necessity. If he wins, he gives up the award, but I am not sure what the
remedy will be if he succeeds, since the property was alredy taken,
evidently by quick take. I'm not in Texas, I don't know the details of its
eminent domain law.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

From: MINe 109
Date: Sun, Feb 12 2006 3:02 pm
Email: MINe 109

Wow! Cheney knows how to pick his hunting companions:

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...1/28harry.html

So a city has eminent domain (unless you're a well-connected republican
that can pay almost $400,000 in legal fees to get out of it).

Everything is much clearer now.

It would have been a very nice parking garage.

In a similar vein, a UT-area beer and burgers joint avoided being
engulfed by campus expansion when the proprietor's politician relative
got a state law passed that pretty much only affected his restaurant.

OTO, the government plays that game too. Here in MAryland they passed a law
only affecting Wal-Mart, ina negative way.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

OTO, the government plays that game too. Here in MAryland they passed a law
only affecting Wal-Mart, ina negative way.

Doesn't matter. Walmart is now trying to invade Eastern Europe.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe 109

In article ,
"Clyde Slick" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In a similar vein, a UT-area beer and burgers joint avoided being
engulfed by campus expansion when the proprietor's politician relative
got a state law passed that pretty much only affected his restaurant.

OTO, the government plays that game too. Here in MAryland they passed a law
only affecting Wal-Mart, ina negative way.

That might save the state money down the road. This one was even more
specific, forbidding acquisitions for parking or lodging if the business
has been in continuous use for twenty years. Not many of those! I
suppose the amendment could have been challenged, but UT chose to modify
its plans.

Stephen