Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Brian Bower Brian Bower is offline

Default 6GV8 RCA Tubes ?

I have just purchesed and recieved 5 NOS RCA 6GV8 tubes in 1960's boxes
with 60's lettering. The tubes are made in Italy and Not in the USA.
I tried to do some research on 6GV8 Tubes and None are made in the USA.
They are made in Germany, Italy and Holland only. I wonder why this
tube was never made in the USA.
I also did some checking for substitutes for this tube and their are
none.
This is an odd tube.
Not many radios use this tube.
I have a RCA Mark Nine CB radio from 1966 that im restoring that uses
this tube as the final output tube.
Does anyone know of other radios or TV's that use this tube ???
Brian - Las Vegas.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Sander deWaal"

Are you sure this is the original tube that belongs in there?
I'd say a ECL82/6BM8 or even ECL86/6GW8 would be a wiser choice, and
at least better available to anyone all over the world.

** The 6GV8, 6GW8 & 6BM8 all have very different pin connections.

No " plug and play " possible.

........ Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] shoppa@trailing-edge.com is offline

Brian Bower wrote:
I have just purchesed and recieved 5 NOS RCA 6GV8 tubes in 1960's boxes
with 60's lettering. The tubes are made in Italy and Not in the USA.
I tried to do some research on 6GV8 Tubes and None are made in the USA.
They are made in Germany, Italy and Holland only. I wonder why this
tube was never made in the USA.
I also did some checking for substitutes for this tube and their are
none.
This is an odd tube.
Not many radios use this tube.
I have a RCA Mark Nine CB radio from 1966 that im restoring that uses
this tube as the final output tube.
Does anyone know of other radios or TV's that use this tube ???

Fairly common in European TV's as the ECL85. As a RF amp the pentode is
like a beefier 6CL6, and this class of pentode is working pretty nicely
at 27Mc still so I'm guessing it was a good match to a CB.

Does the CB use the triode section as an amp for modulation (maybe
screen modulating the pentode section) or something?

Tim.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Brian Bower Brian Bower is offline

Yes , Triode section is being used on this RCA Mark 9 Tube CB Radio.