Posted to rec.audio.tubes
JSVice JSVice is offline

Default Tung Sol/JAN date codes

Does anyone know if you can tell the approximate age of a Tung Sol tube by
it's serial number? I pulled a pair of 6L6WGB's out of my B15 and noticed
the serial numbers on both were in the 500's. It made me wonder just how
old they actually were, since I've seen some NOS pairs of them selling
recently with numbers in the 5000's.

--
Thanks,
John