Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] veesscguoooe@yahoo.com is offline

Default Learning to Play the Piano

Learning to play the piano is like learning how to speak a language. If
you were learning Spanish, for instance, you would need to listen and
speak it, and the more you speak Spanish - the more you imitate native
speakers, the more fluent you'd become. The same is true if you want to
learn to play the piano. The more you listen and play with in time with
professional pianists, the more professional you will become.
http://pianolessonftlr.blogspot.com/#

Posted to rec.audio.pro
The Spanish Inquisition The Spanish Inquisition is offline

wrote:

Learning to play the piano is like learning how to speak a language. If
you were learning Spanish, for instance, you would need to listen and
speak it, and the more you speak Spanish - the more you imitate native
speakers, the more fluent you'd become. The same is true if you want to
learn to play the piano. The more you listen and play with in time with
professional pianists, the more professional you will become.
http://pianolessonftlr.blogspot.com/#

I'm not convinced. I think I could learn to speak Spanish by reading and
listening but I don't think the same would be true for playing the
piano. I think practicing plays a bigger part in piano playing.

I don't understand Spanish but I could make myself understood reading
out a text, so pronunciation wouldn't be a very big problem. So that
just leaves learning the words and the grammar.

Ximinez
http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/paulfitz/spanish/t1.html