Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] tubeguy@myshop.com is offline

Default Looking for links and order info for PARTS

Back in the 60s and 70s I worked on old electronics all the time. Life
took me in other directions, and the solid state gear was a big "turn
off" for me. Not long ago, I got a few old tube radios at a garage sale
and that got me back into my old hobby. I am retired now and have the
time too. Fortunately I still had a lot of my old Eico and Heathkit test
gear stored in a shed.

It was like riding a bike. It all comes back to me like it was
yesterday. But there is a huge problem. Where the hell do I buy parts
now? In the 60s and 70s I lived in a large city with many electronic
parts stores. Now I live in a small town/rural area with no such thing.
So far I have just used ebay, and paid the often ridiculous prices they
charge (to a limit). Heck, there is a seller on ebay selling the old NOS
resistors, 1/2W for $5 a piece. On top of that, the guy claims some are
out of tolerance and tells people to bake them in a oven which he
clainms will bring them back to specs. (what an idiot).

Anyhow, there are places like Mouser, Digikey, Allied, etc. I have
looked at their websites and feel lost.... Just too much to sort thru.
Not to mention I assume places like that sell in large amounts with
large minimum orders and costly shipping.

I just want caps, resistors, and some other stuff. Ebay seems to be ok
for tubes, but far too costly for caps and restisors.

I'd like this to be a thread to list other places to buy parts for
vintage tube gear. And also, could someone list the minimum order and
shipping amounts for those large sellers.... Like Mouser, etc...