Default Event TR-6 Monitor Is Cooking Tweeters?!?!

i have a pair of even tr6 monitors. i've been pleased with them. but
one of my monitors has started to fry tweeters. my tweeter burned out,
so i wrote event, and they sent me another one free of charge...which
was great. but the new one was only in there for a few seconds, and it
literally started smoking. so i metered the positive and negative wires
going into the tweeter, and noticed that there is 50 volts passing
through them. i checked my working monitor, and there was no electric
current at all passing through those wires. does anyone know what is
going on? can i fix this?

any help would be much appreciated.

Scott Dorsey

i have a pair of even tr6 monitors. i've been pleased with them. but
one of my monitors has started to fry tweeters. my tweeter burned out,
so i wrote event, and they sent me another one free of charge...which
was great. but the new one was only in there for a few seconds, and it
literally started smoking. so i metered the positive and negative wires
going into the tweeter, and noticed that there is 50 volts passing
through them. i checked my working monitor, and there was no electric
current at all passing through those wires. does anyone know what is
going on? can i fix this?

Is it DC or AC?
Definitely it's something gone wrong with the amplifier stage. If it's
DC, I'd look for a bad output transistor or a bad supply rail. If it's
AC, it's time to start going through the circuit with a scope and seeing
what is oscillating.

Mark

Scott Dorsey wrote:
wrote:
[...]

agreed,

suggest you use an oscilloscope instead of a meter.

Mark