Default PLEEZE HELP! Having a problem with an EVENT Studio Precision 6 Monitor....

I was wondering if anyone out there had been through this as well. I
own a pair of the events, having purchased them only this summer.
Everything seemed to be just dandy with them until I started to mix
some stuff I had recorded with a band. As I got into the mixes, I
started to feel like my mix was pulling to one side. I thought I was
tripping until it became painfully apparent that something wasn't
right.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed that my left monitor sounded
noticably different and softer than the other. When I slid single
instruments to one side or the other, I discovered that the "bad"
monitor seemed to have a tinnier sound...you know, not pushing as much
air, quieter, etc. Since then, I've tried all the usual stuff,
switching cable, switching monitors, switching outs, but all to no
avail. When I crank the trim on the back of the monitor to even it out
with the "good" one, the balance is better, but the sound still isn't
matched.

Could I have blown something? I do turn it up loud sometimes, but
nothing on the order of the Back to the Future guitar amp. The tweeter
seems to be fine; if anything, it's the main speaker not giving me the
loudness and fullness of the other one. If anyone has any advice or
experience with this same problem, I sorely need your expertise, as I
am working with some artists this week and I'd love to suss it out
asap. Thanx.

-me

EricK

[...]

Have you tried contacting Event? That would be my first suggestion.

--
Eric

www.Raw-Tracks.com
Scott Dorsey

EricK wrote:
wrote:

Upon closer inspection, I noticed that my left monitor sounded
noticably different and softer than the other. When I slid single
instruments to one side or the other, I discovered that the "bad"
monitor seemed to have a tinnier sound...you know, not pushing as much
air, quieter, etc. Since then, I've tried all the usual stuff,
switching cable, switching monitors, switching outs, but all to no
avail. When I crank the trim on the back of the monitor to even it out
with the "good" one, the balance is better, but the sound still isn't
matched.

Have you tried contacting Event? That would be my first suggestion.

First swap the monitors and make sure that the problem is with the monitor
and not the cable or room.

Thanx for everybody replying. Yep, I had tried all that stuff. But if
no one else has had similar issues with Event monitors (powered 6 in.
Studio Precisions BTW), I'll just get in touch with the company. Thanx
again.