free mp3 host, no registration?

Old April 16th 19, 09:08 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JBI

Default free mp3 host, no registration?

On 4/16/19 4:02 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
> On 4/16/2019, I wrote:
>> You never can tell. The broadcaster, if he finds you, may consider
>> this to be distribution without permission.

> Having gone down the rabbit hole, I suspect that there is real ownership
> involved. The voices making the announcements are commissioned by the
> company who makes the drum playback device that provides the audio for
> the time announcements. The government doesn't own that machine, they
> lease it. That means it doesn't fall under the public domain or free use
> rules.
>
> WWVH (Hawaii) uses the same voice as the telephone company in Hawaii
> (they also lease it), and the voice for the WWV machine is (reported to
> be) the president of the company who leases the audio playback system.
>
> More of the story at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM2osLTMf2I

Yes, I came across that info yesterday. I think that, just to be safe,
I won't post any recordings. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old April 16th 19, 11:13 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 17/04/2019 5:57 AM, JBI wrote:

>>> Even for a broadcast recorded off of shortwave radio??

>> You never can tell. The broadcaster, if he finds you, may consider
>> this to be distribution without permission. But my answer to your real
>> question (is there an audio-hosting place where you don't have to
>> register) remains the same. I don't know of one.
>>
>> What's your problem with registering?
>>

> I was going to share a portion of a US time station government broadcast
> on a forum.* My issue with registering is that I've only shared such
> material one other time in like 15 years, so really not worth the time
> to register.

You have already spent many times the 'time to register' here asking !

Old April 17th 19, 03:17 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_]

I have a dropbox account. Whenever I try to use it with someone who does not have a dropbox account, they always tell me that clicking on the link takes them to a page where they are told they HAVE to sign up. They don't want to. I don't blame them, I have spoken to Dropbox about it and they are clueless or just don't ****ing care.

More and more I use www.wetransfer.com. You can send up to 2 GB for free. NO registration. Add your files, attach recipient emails, add a message, hit send.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Old April 18th 19, 10:41 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
gray_wolf

On 4/16/2019 10:25 AM, JBI wrote:
> I have an audio file I want to share with others and I'm wondering where I can
> freely post it without registering?* Thank you.

Well if you weren't using a text only news server I'd suggest a low traffic binary
news group. In any case I wouldn't worry about it I'm sure the internet police
already have your real name and location.

Old April 19th 19, 07:45 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JBI

On 4/18/19 5:41 AM, gray_wolf wrote:
> On 4/16/2019 10:25 AM, JBI wrote:
>> I have an audio file I want to share with others and I'm wondering
>> where I can freely post it without registering?* Thank you.

> Well if you weren't using a text only news server I'd suggest a low
> traffic binary
> news group. In any case I wouldn't worry about it I'm sure the internet
> police
> already have your real name and location.

Well, as I already indicated, even though a public broadcast, some of
the equipment they lease to produce the time voicing so, not knowing the
full extent of any possible legal issues, I opted not to take the action
I originally posted about.
Old Today, 04:47 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
brassplyer

On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 11:25:44 AM UTC-4, JBI wrote:
> I have an audio file I want to share with others and I'm wondering where
> I can freely post it without registering? Thank you.

Google Drive.
Old Today, 04:49 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
brassplyer

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 11:47:54 PM UTC-4, Brassplyer wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 11:25:44 AM UTC-4, JBI wrote:
> > I have an audio file I want to share with others and I'm wondering where
> > I can freely post it without registering? Thank you.

> Google Drive.

Btw, that's the name of a free place to store things that Google provides, not an admonition to "Google" the term drive.