Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JBI JBI is offline

Default free mp3 host, no registration?

On 4/16/19 4:02 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 4/16/2019, I wrote:
You never can tell. The broadcaster, if he finds you, may consider
this to be distribution without permission.

Having gone down the rabbit hole, I suspect that there is real ownership
involved. The voices making the announcements are commissioned by the
company who makes the drum playback device that provides the audio for
the time announcements. The government doesn't own that machine, they
lease it. That means it doesn't fall under the public domain or free use
rules.

WWVH (Hawaii) uses the same voice as the telephone company in Hawaii
(they also lease it), and the voice for the WWV machine is (reported to
be) the president of the company who leases the audio playback system.

More of the story at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM2osLTMf2I

Yes, I came across that info yesterday. I think that, just to be safe,
I won't post any recordings. Thanks for your thoughts.