Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JBI JBI is offline

Default trying to match my voice to existing recording with Audacity

More of an experiment really and just for personal use & practice, I
recently tried singing along to a song I downloaded. A simple song,
just an acoustic guitar with female singer. What hasn't been simple is
trying to match my vocal to hers, not in pitch obviously, but in speed
as sometimes I'm starting before she does or I finish after or my
phrasing doesn't match hers.

The way I tried it so far was to play the song on the PC and sing along
into a Zoom H2, then bring that file into Audacity and try to mix but so
far with the aforementioned difficulties.

How can I better match my vocal speed/ tempo to hers in Audacity? I
have tried rerecording myself a couple of times, but there are still
plenty of parts where phrasing doesn't match. Matching reverb to hers
does help a bit, but not enough.

Thanks in advance.