Snappa

Default HELP: Preouts on Audio Processor

Hi,

I have an existing unit that uses a TDA7348 Audio Processor.

http://www.st.com/stonline/books/ascii/docs/1551.htm

The problem is that this unit doesn't have Pre-Outs. I have connected
pre-outs directly from the TDA7348 outputs and this works fine with
two issues:

1. When trying to connect a Line Driver (Phoenix Gold) and turning up
the volume, it looks like there is a breakdown somewhere and no audio
is emitted. If it is low volume you can hear it, but the moment you
try and increase the gain on the line driver it stops. (Line drive
works fine when another device is connected to it)

2. RF Noise is entering, like Mobile Phone Communication and engine
noise sometimes (like a soft whine) but not always

Is there a simple circuit that I can added from the output of the
TDA7348 to the preouts to prevent Number 1 and if possible Number 2?

Ultimate goal is to get a clean signal to be able to run it through
the Line Driver to increase the signal, before hitting the amp.

Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks
MartyMcLeod

What type of wire connections are you using to give the signal to the
Phoenix Gold unit? Definitely #2 will appear with poor grounds, etc.

For problem #1, maybe you can give a few more details of how you're
making the connection to the line driver?

Good luck...

--
MartyMcLeod
MartyMcLeod's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=34271