leowhoa

Default Pioneer Avh-p5700dvd Bypass

Is there any way possible for this to play dvds while in motion!!
Grounding the green wire does not work...... Any help would be great

--
leowhoa
leowhoa's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=34047

electron pimp

if you added navigation, with the new software, then there is nothing you
can do.

--
WDW is a Way of Life
"leowhoa" wrote in message
news:1113101355.bf3bd44725c25288f94721275dcc5d37@t eranews...

Is there any way possible for this to play dvds while in motion!!
Grounding the green wire does not work...... Any help would be great

--
leowhoa
leowhoa's Profile:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=34047
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=215353

Hupperware via CarKB.com

What does NAV have to do with the bypass. NAV is a seperate unit all
together. The AVH-P5700DVD was built with modularity and customization in
mind. The head unit will not let you ground the parking switch wire so that
you may have DVD functionality (not NAV) while in motion.

I'm also interested in a parking brake bypass or work around also.
Scott Gardner

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:37:51 GMT, "Hupperware via CarKB.com"
wrote:

What does NAV have to do with the bypass. NAV is a seperate unit all
together. The AVH-P5700DVD was built with modularity and customization in
mind. The head unit will not let you ground the parking switch wire so that
you may have DVD functionality (not NAV) while in motion.

I'm also interested in a parking brake bypass or work around also.

I think what Electron Pimp is talking about is that the NAV unit has
internal gyros that can tell when the car is in motion and prevent the
DVD from playing movies. Since it's using the internal gyros instead
of a parking brake input to determine whether or not the car is
stopped, there's not much you can do to "trick" it, unless you can go
in and modify the software directly.

--
Scott Gardner

"Sleep until you're hungry, then eat 'till you're sleepy" (Navy JO Motto)

electron pimp

Well, yesterday, I installed my first N2, and I am not impressed.

First, you can no longer gound out the parking brake wire. The unit
recognizes that and will not work at all.

And yes, any Pioneer HU when connected to Nav will no longer allow you to
see videos while in motion. That is directly from Pioneer.

This is due to Pioneer being named in a law suit where a person was watching
a video and driving and slammed into a vehicle killing 4 people. Pioneer
has come up with a way to prevent the video from being used while the
vehicle is in motion.

However, when something is designed to work a certain way, somebody else
will come up with a way around it...

--
WDW is a Way of Life