Barry & Nikki

Default WANT: Kenwood code locked stereos

ONLY code locked. Nothing else in Kenwood. If it turns on and CODE is
displayed on the screen and you cannot get any functions to work those are
the ones. Email me with what you have and maybe we can work something out.

out of curiosity, Why?

Charles B. Summers

Maybe he's found a master code???

I read that my Kenwood has the lockout feature, but didn't take the time to
figure out how to program it. I'd just hate to think that I'd have to enter
that code, along with everything else I have to do, every time I got in my
truck. I still think it's a cool idea if that's what people want. Still, I
wonder if it would deter a thief? Especially some kid that don't care what
he/she is stealing. They didn't seem to care about what that POS unit was I
had in my Bronco once, and really didn't care about the condition of my dash
unit either...

wrote in message
oups.com...
out of curiosity, Why?

Audio_Dude

My Kenwood HU uses a code but it is only activated when the battery is
removed or you reset the HU. If you don't enter a code the HU will not
require one. Well..that is how it works with my new deck.

MOSFET

I still think it's a cool idea if that's what people want. Still, I
wonder if it would deter a thief?

Of all the theft deterant ideas that have come down the pike, I think those
"lock-out" code decks are about the dumbest; I can't believe they would
deter ANY thefts at all. I suppose the idea is that after your deck is
stolen, as you drive down the street in your music-less ride, you will be
comforted in the idea that the crook who stole it can't use it? Well, that
makes it all worth while! They must assume that these thieves research HU's
and carry around buying guides and would know that your HU is unusable. As
we all know, however, most thieves are stoned out crack-heads.

Along the same lines, there was an amp maker (Grenade or something like
that?) that had a pin that had to be inserted before it would work. Same
deal. A crook is not going to look to see if the pin is inserted, because
the crook isn't going to have a FRICKIN' CLUE that the amp he just stole
needs a pin!

MOSFET

Damn. I was just going to post this point. Agreed 100%. The deck is
gone, stolen, goodbye. Who gives a rats ass if the theif throws it in
the garbage or makes a crack pipe out of it. The whole point is to not
have the thief break into your car at all. Same reason I don't like
Eclipse. I shiny nice head unit is like a fishing luir to a crook. He
won't know its useless until he rips it out of your car.

MOSFET

Who gives a rats ass if the theif throws it in
the garbage or makes a crack pipe out of it.

LOL

That gave me a ridiculous mental image.....

MOSFET

SF

you can try the factory code of 000

if that doesn't work, pull the unit out of the dash, throw it to the ground,
hit is with a hammer 3 times, and then buy a new HU. That combo works
everytime.

--
WDW is a Way of Life
"MOSFET" wrote in message
Who gives a rats ass if the theif throws it in
the garbage or makes a crack pipe out of it.

LOL

That gave me a ridiculous mental image.....

MOSFET

Barry & Nikki

I can unlock them.

wrote in message
oups.com...
out of curiosity, Why?

We can rebuild him......

6 Million Dollar man

MOSFET

"Barry & Nikki" wrote in message
I can unlock them.

Do you have the technology? Can you make them better than they were before?
Better? Stronger? Faster?

MOSFET

SF

That was a great show!!!

--
WDW is a Way of Life

"MOSFET" wrote in message

"Barry & Nikki" wrote in message
I can unlock them.

Do you have the technology? Can you make them better than they were

before?
Better? Stronger? Faster?

MOSFET

Captain Howdy

Or just replace the 50cent eeprom, or simply cut pin 8 of the eeprom.

if that doesn't work, pull the unit out of the dash, throw it to the ground,
hit is with a hammer 3 times, and then buy a new HU. That combo works
everytime.

BUNZY2004

That the exact problem I am having.. I have a KVT-911
and I need to unlock it.. I have only the keypad on the screen..
Heeellllppp!!!!

BUNZY2004

Barry & Nikkiwrote:
ONLY code locked. Nothing else in Kenwood. If it turns on and CODE
is
displayed on the screen and you cannot get any functions to work

those are
the ones. Email me with what you have and maybe we can work

something out.

Yeah I have a KVT-911.. I need your help bad.. I
havethat exact problem that you described..