Posted to rec.audio.misc

Default Best Subwoofer for $500

Hello all, I'm in the market for a powered subwoofer for both home
theater
and 2.1 audio purposes. I have about $500.00 to spend. and I just about

narrowed it down to either the Aperion audio S-10 the Velodyne DPS-10.,
NHT
Classic 10. I want a audiophile quality sub and I need your thoughts
and
opinions on what is the best sub that $500.00 can buy. I'm leaning
towards
the Aperion audio Itimus S-10 at $499.00 with no tax and free shipping
direct from Aperion audio because of the good reviews that it has
received
and the excellent customer service that I'm told Aperion audio gives
it's
customers it also have a 30 day free trial period and if you don't like
it
they will give you your money back and even pay for shipping of the sub
back
to them. I called them today and they are back ordered on the S-10 to
April
even though they will be getting some from the factory next weed they
are
all sold so they're products seem to be in high demand. I listen to
just
about everything Jazz, R&B, Motown.Top 40, though I listen to allot
classical music mostly Mozart and other baroque music, Handel, etc. So
give
me your thoughts on what to buy.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.misc

Also look at Hsu. Their subs always get amazing reviews and they are
reasonably priced.

Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 09:45 AM
Subwoofer hum: is it my receiver? Brian General 15 February 20th 04 10:11 PM
Subwoofer hum: is it my receiver? Brian Audio Opinions 15 February 20th 04 10:11 PM
Subwoofer hum: is it my receiver? Brian Tech 60 February 20th 04 10:11 PM
Main speakers with builtin subwoofer - How to configure receiver? Michael Harder Audio Opinions 0 October 29th 03 12:18 AM