My Last Sigh

Default Great microphone sightings! (Good Night and Good Luck)

Many here may be interested in this: Last night I went and saw a great
movie about Edward R Murrow, the 50's CBS TV announcer/journalist who made
it big in his wartime reports from London and (in the movie) his attack on
McCarthyism. It's a Black and White period piece named Good Night and Good
Luck produced by George Clooney (whose aunt was Rosemary, BTW).

Microphone enthusiasts will see a couple of great microphones used in the
CBS studio next door where live jazz is going out on radio I presume, but a
really great moment comes when Edward first meets Bill Paley in his office.
Paley was the reigning president of CBS. On his wall is a very nice (I'm
sure) collection of those old beautiful CBS microphones adorning his wall.
Given the pretty accurate representation of the rest of the movie, I'm sure
this adornment was probably true to life.... I hope you see it and enjoy it
also.