HONG KONGer

Default Subwoofer SPL

I'm not really a pro in subwoofer. I would like to ask, I saw subwoofer A
has a single 8" driver while subwoofer B has dual 8" driver. Why is the spec
says the Watt of sub A is higher?

How do I know if a sub is lauder than another one? Is it by looking the Watt
number? (if no SPL provided)

Robert Rowton

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:29:01 +0800, "HONG KONGer" wrote:

I'm not really a pro in subwoofer. I would like to ask, I saw subwoofer A
has a single 8" driver while subwoofer B has dual 8" driver. Why is the spec
says the Watt of sub A is higher?

How do I know if a sub is lauder than another one? Is it by looking the Watt
number? (if no SPL provided)

Hello,
The wattage figure refers to the output power of the internal
amplifier, which varies between models and manufacturers. As a single
variable in an overall design equation, it is not a useful indicator
of a subwoofer's sound pressure level capabilities. You might try
visiting the various manufacturers' web sites for detailed information
on those models in which you're interested, as well as reading online
reviews of them.