Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4 jtees4 is offline

Default Hello and help

This is aguitar related, hopefully it's OK to post here....I know you
folks will know the answer.
I have a Headrush gigboard on the way....I already know I will need a
new power adapter for it. The manual says:
Input Voltage 19 VDC, 3.42 A, center-positive
Is this enough info that maybe you can point me to what I may need (I
am in US).
Thanks so much!

Please check out my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296
Posted to rec.audio.pro

jtees4 wrote:

--------------

This is aguitar related, hopefully it's OK to post here....I know you
folks will know the answer.
I have a Headrush gigboard on the way....I already know I will need a
new power adapter for it.

** Why??

It comes with one of course.

..... Phil
Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4 jtees4 is offline

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 14:49:53 -0800 (PST), Phil Allison
wrote:

jtees4 wrote:

--------------

This is aguitar related, hopefully it's OK to post here....I know you
folks will know the answer.
I have a Headrush gigboard on the way....I already know I will need a
new power adapter for it.

** Why??

It comes with one of course.

.... Phil

Not necessarily. It's used, and I got it for a VERY low price....and
if it does not work it's fully returnable.

Please check out my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Babiak Paul Babiak is offline

On 11/11/2019 05:28 PM, jtees4 wrote:
This is aguitar related, hopefully it's OK to post here....I know you
folks will know the answer.
I have a Headrush gigboard on the way....I already know I will need a
new power adapter for it. The manual says:
Input Voltage 19 VDC, 3.42 A, center-positive
Is this enough info that maybe you can point me to what I may need (I
am in US).
Thanks so much!

Please check out my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S899H3R..._t1_B07TVR2161
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Babiak Paul Babiak is offline

On 11/11/2019 05:28 PM, jtees4 wrote:
This is aguitar related, hopefully it's OK to post here....I know you
folks will know the answer.
I have a Headrush gigboard on the way....I already know I will need a
new power adapter for it. The manual says:
Input Voltage 19 VDC, 3.42 A, center-positive
Is this enough info that maybe you can point me to what I may need (I
am in US).
Thanks so much!

Please check out my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headrush+...ref=nb_sb_noss

Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4 jtees4 is offline

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 19:00:53 -0500, Paul Babiak
wrote:

On 11/11/2019 05:28 PM, jtees4 wrote:
This is aguitar related, hopefully it's OK to post here....I know you
folks will know the answer.
I have a Headrush gigboard on the way....I already know I will need a
new power adapter for it. The manual says:
Input Voltage 19 VDC, 3.42 A, center-positive
Is this enough info that maybe you can point me to what I may need (I
am in US).
Thanks so much!

Please check out my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headrush+...ref=nb_sb_noss

Thanks for both links. It's funny, I saw the exact same one as the
first link on EBay....but that had some of the number blurred (it
looked like on purpose)....so I wasn't sure I could trust it. I didn't
even think of looking at Amazon. Much appreciated.

Please check out my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

wrote:

[...]

None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but it doesn't specify in
the listing.

Also you need to be sure you have the right DC connector. If there is a
2.5mm plug into a 2.1mm socket there will be a poor connection, and
possibly even a burn-out of the plug/socket. To check, get a 2.1mm plug
and if it fits then that's what it is. If it doesn't fit you'll need a
2.5mm plug. I would be a bit doubtful about using one of those PSUs with
an array of connectors that clip onto a universal adaptor on the lead -
is that high current is for real and not a typo.

Maybe best get a real replacement Headrush PSU ?

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote:
------------

None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but it doesn't specify in
the listing.

** Both same & same price when I looked.

Claimed to meet all specs as for the stock item.

Also you need to be sure you have the right DC connector.

** See above.

Maybe best get a real replacement Headrush PSU ?

** Be a safer bet than any cheap substitute.

The cheapies may have no overvoltage protection ( not usually part of the published spec) like a hefty zener across the output.

Might save the unit from destruction one day.

.... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 12/11/2019 4:54 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
geoff wrote:
------------

None of those appear to be able to supply 3.4 Amps (which does seem
rather a lot). Maybe the expensive one will, but it doesn't specify in
the listing.

** Both same & same price when I looked.

Claimed to meet all specs as for the stock item.

Also you need to be sure you have the right DC connector.

** See above.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headrush+...ref=nb_sb_noss

This shows 5 PSUs. They all claim to be 'compatible with the Headrush
thang', though none have a listed current rating in the specs. Two with
a current rating visible on the device label in the *picture* say 1.6A,
which last time I went to school was not 3.42 amps.

Given all this lack of concise information, and only general claims
which would appear somewhere from rather vague to demonstrably
incorrect, I would not be confident that the DC plug would have the
correct diameter pin either.

Maybe best get a real replacement Headrush PSU ?

** Be a safer bet than any cheap substitute.

The cheapies may have no overvoltage protection ( not usually part of the published spec) like a hefty zener across the output.

Might save the unit from destruction one day.

Yeah.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4 jtees4 is offline

Thanks all! I am looking into a new one from Headrush, but I do not
even have the unit yet....so I will wait awhile and do some research
in the meantime. If all is good, I'd probably buy a new Headrush OEM
unit....though I'll wait and see.
Thanks again!

Please check out my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296

Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4 jtees4 is offline

So I got my gigboard. No problems, it works great. Turns out the
seller did not really speak nglish and explained it to me wrong. I
simply needed a travel adapter because the adapter included had a
European plug, so I just needed to adapt it to USA and all was fine.
Thanks again.

Please check out my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 17/11/2019 2:40 pm, jtees4 wrote:
So I got my gigboard. No problems, it works great. Turns out the
seller did not really speak nglish and explained it to me wrong. I
simply needed a travel adapter because the adapter included had a
European plug, so I just needed to adapt it to USA and all was fine.
Thanks again.

Please check out my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296

Best change the plug for a proper one. Adaptors are a weak point and
sometimes come loose when you least expect or want them to.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4 jtees4 is offline

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 15:03:06 +1300, geoff
wrote:

On 17/11/2019 2:40 pm, jtees4 wrote:
So I got my gigboard. No problems, it works great. Turns out the
seller did not really speak nglish and explained it to me wrong. I
simply needed a travel adapter because the adapter included had a
European plug, so I just needed to adapt it to USA and all was fine.
Thanks again.

Please check out my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1430296

Best change the plug for a proper one. Adaptors are a weak point and
sometimes come loose when you least expect or want them to.

geoff

Yes, I agree...thanks. Right now I only play at home so it is not an
issue, but if I decide to play out, it will definitely a have a good
new power supply cord. They are certainkly cheap enough, under $20.