Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mesaman Mesaman is offline

Default Nakamichi RCA plugs...decent quality?

I'm a newbie in the world of audio and I'm looking to make some new
cables for my almost new home theater. What I'd like to know is...are
the RCA connectors listed below relatively decent (ie.worth the money
and wait time)? Does anyone recognize these as the brand they claim
to be, or are they a Chinese copy? Any advice on this would be
GREATLY appreciated : )

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-NEW-NAKAMICHI-...photohostin g

Regards,

Steve

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Serge Auckland Serge Auckland is offline

"Mesaman" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm a newbie in the world of audio and I'm looking to make some new
cables for my almost new home theater. What I'd like to know is...are
the RCA connectors listed below relatively decent (ie.worth the money
and wait time)? Does anyone recognize these as the brand they claim
to be, or are they a Chinese copy? Any advice on this would be
GREATLY appreciated : )

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-NEW-NAKAMICHI-...photohostin g

Regards,

Steve

They look like the WBT plugs or a locking verison of the excellent Audio
Technica plugs. Either way, they look well made and solid. Nakamichi as a
brand has always been reliable, so I would expect these to be equally so.
At the price $29.00 for 8 including postage doesn't seem unreasonable.
Couple these to some good quality cable, like RG6 or RG59 and you will have
some first class interconnects.

S.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Mesaman wrote:

I'm a newbie in the world of audio and I'm looking to make some new
cables for my almost new home theater. What I'd like to know is...are
the RCA connectors listed below relatively decent (ie.worth the money
and wait time)? Does anyone recognize these as the brand they claim
to be, or are they a Chinese copy? Any advice on this would be
GREATLY appreciated : )

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-NEW-NAKAMICHI-...photohostin g

To be honest if they're some Chinese knock-off I can't see the problem anyway.

They look nicely made.

You don't have to spend a fortune on interconencts btw. The myth about special cables is just that. It's simply an easy way for ppl with skill in marketing rather
than engineering to make money fast.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Ron Ron is offline

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-NEW-NAKAMICHI-...GS-connector_W...

To be honest if they're some Chinese knock-off I can't see the problem anyway.

They look nicely made.

You don't have to spend a fortune on interconencts btw. The myth about special cables is just that. It's simply an easy way for ppl with skill in marketing rather
than engineering to make money fast.

Graham

This store http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/ is close to where I live,
and I bought a pair of Monster Cable RCA leads from them. (1/3 the
price).

Went to unplug one a while back and the damn pin pulled out and stayed
in the back of my receiver.

So not only is Monster overpriced, apparently their quality isn't all
that great either.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Ron wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Mesaman wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't touch Monster with a bargepole.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
Ron wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Mesaman wrote:
[...]

I wish I had that luxury. Their stuff seems to be more widely sold in the
US. Some of it can be a good value if you get it on one of MCM Electronics
close-out sales. I just had a customer buy some Monstor HDI cables from MCM
for about $8 each, and they were at least as effective as the commodity kind
that actually cost more.

I did have to field a concerned call from the client who thought that cables
with a loose fabric covering were weird. ;-)