Posted to rec.audio.car
dubbin it up dubbin it up is offline

Default sub enclosure again!

This is my scenario. I think i made a error when calculating. I actually
have 1.7ft^3 of space in the box now. i have 2 drivers that require .67ft^3
recommended. so that comes to approx. 1.25ft^3 for both. The reason i
started this post was the subs don't seem to sound right. That's why i
thought filling the box my solve my problem. But i don't think that .4ft^3
will make that much difference or am i wrong???

--
2 10" mtx thunder 8000
rockford amp 501bd

Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls Chad Wahls is offline

dubbin it up wrote:
This is my scenario. I think i made a error when calculating. I actually
have 1.7ft^3 of space in the box now. i have 2 drivers that require .67ft^3
recommended. so that comes to approx. 1.25ft^3 for both. The reason i
started this post was the subs don't seem to sound right. That's why i
thought filling the box my solve my problem. But i don't think that .4ft^3
will make that much difference or am i wrong???

--
2 10" mtx thunder 8000
rockford amp 501bd
clarion dxz765mp

Probably not make much of a difference considering the motor
displacement of the driver, etc. This is a sealed enclosure eh?
There's MUCH more fudge factor in sealed designs than in vented. Make
sure the enclosure is WELL sealed, as in DAMN air tight. The larger
enclosure will offer a bit more low end extension in sacrifice for a
boomier not as "tight" sound. The proper terminology is "Q" for this
measurement.

Plot out the intended and what you have now in WinISD and I doubt you
will see much of a difference. You could always load it up with scrap
2X4 well adhered to the inside of the enclosure. Do know your driver's
motor displacement though if you are going for gnat's ass accuracy.

Chad

help with subwoofer enclosure!! Please Help!! Thunder Car Audio 13 June 28th 06 01:09 AM
rec.audio.car FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (caution, this is HUGE) MOSFET Car Audio 0 June 18th 06 05:27 AM
Old Hollywood subwoofers and in house enclosure John Car Audio 3 June 29th 04 01:14 AM
rec.audio.car FAQ (Part 3/5) Ian D. Bjorhovde Car Audio 0 March 6th 04 06:54 AM
Enclosure Size & Speaker Placement of Mid Range Sam Carleton Car Audio 0 July 15th 03 03:34 AM