Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Default Beatles Mania

Yeah baby! And Your Bird Can Sing!

Just got notification from Amazon the Beatles Stereo Box is on its way. I just
now ordered a second copy for just in case.

I've also got an order at Elusive Disk for a copy of the Beatles Mono Box,
another order for two copies of the Mono Box from Music Direct. For good
measure, I just now ordered two more copies of the Mono Box from Amazon. Act
fast if you want one - they won't last long. They're already going for insane
prices on eBay.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Sep 9, 2:07*am, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Yeah baby! And Your Bird Can Sing!

Just got notification from Amazon the Beatles Stereo Box is on its way. I just
now ordered a second copy for just in case.

I've also got an order at Elusive Disk for a copy of the Beatles Mono Box,
another order for two copies of the Mono Box from Music Direct. For good
measure, I just now ordered two more copies of the Mono Box from Amazon. Act
fast if you want one - they won't last long. They're already going for insane
prices on eBay.

Since Cheap Trick has reintroduced the 8 track, I'm going to wait for
the Beatles' merchandisers to one up them and reintroduce open reel-
preferably on 1/4" full track mono and 1/2" two track stereo.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Bret L" wrote in message
On Sep 9, 2:07 am, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Yeah baby! And Your Bird Can Sing!

Just got notification from Amazon the Beatles Stereo Box is on its way. I
just
now ordered a second copy for just in case.

I've also got an order at Elusive Disk for a copy of the Beatles Mono Box,
another order for two copies of the Mono Box from Music Direct. For good
measure, I just now ordered two more copies of the Mono Box from Amazon.
Act
fast if you want one - they won't last long. They're already going for
insane
prices on eBay.

Since Cheap Trick has reintroduced the 8 track, I'm going to wait for
the Beatles' merchandisers to one up them and reintroduce open reel-
preferably on 1/4" full track mono and 1/2" two track stereo.

There is a reason why the Beatles wanted to preserve the mono mixes. I've
got one of the Mobil Fidelity boxed LP sets that were issued back in the
'80's.....these were issued with the early releases as stereo....and the
Beatles were not happy. Truth is, the first two records are completely
"ping pong" in stereo to the point that it is distracting. These would be
much easier to listen to in mono. But I'm not sure I'd keep mono beyond
that point as later mixes sound fine in stereo.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Beatles fans are sonically highly anal...in contrast, say, to Sinatra
fans, 90% of whom are sonically oblivious if it "sounds okay" on a
****ty stereo. (Norberg would be in Witness Protection if they
weren't.)

They want the original listening experience, which means stereo or
mono and US vs UK album ordering as they think it "ought to be", i.e.
as they heard it as kids.

The "Tape Project" would have made much more sense had they did it
1/2", because then you get a genuinely better than vinyl source, where
as with 1/4 consumo you don't. And you can get real tape machines as
cheaply as consumer ones today.

Beatles EP box MiNe 109 Audio Opinions 1 August 17th 09 01:36 AM
FA: For the serious Beatles fan Arohanamusic Pro Audio 1 November 7th 04 10:27 PM
Cash Mania Eclipse97z Car Audio 0 October 17th 03 10:52 AM