Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tech
~misfit~[_2_] ~misfit~[_2_] is offline

Default OT(?) Which CD better?

My first post here, please be gentle....

I just saw one of my old favourite CDs (and an excellent yardstick for
judging stereos or speakers) in a 'specials' bin. It's Rickie Lee Jones'
eponymous album from 1979.

I'm in New Zealand and my copy, which I bought in about 1980 and gets
listened to at least weekly, was manufactured by Warner Music Australia.
This copy that I just bought (even though my original is still in perfect
condition I like it enough to buy a second copy) is made in Germany by
Record Services GmbH, Alsdorf.

I was just wondering, is there likely to be any difference in quality /
sound between them? (My main system is limping while the main speaker's mids
are getting re-coned and my back-up speakers are fine for HT but not for
critical audio reviewing.)

TYVMIA....
--
Shaun.