Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] ixtarbrules@yahoo.com is offline

Default "Civil Libertarians"

When I was a libty I used to reply, as engineers did, "There are no
civil libertarians. We're all nerdish oafs." The so-called "civil
libertarian", however, is no libertarian at all but someone with the
mentality of a Communist commissar.

True "civil liberty" means one is free to associate with anyone, or
not, or to hire or promote or fire anyone, or not, for any reason or
no expressed reason at all, at least as regards any parameter usually
covered under the dubious field of "civil rights".

This has nothing to do with white or male or Christian or whatever
the popular boogeyman is at the moment. It means that Black businesses
are free to not hire whites, that women businesses may hire only
females, that Jewish businesses or Islamic or pagan or Hindu
businesses may hire only others of their own kind as they see fit.

I DO NOT have a right to shop at Black Muslim groceries or lesbian co-
ops or drink in gay bars. I do not have a right to join clubs for
Blacks or affiliate with an Indian tribe or coffee klatsch with my
mother's ladyfriends.

I once did some part time repair work for a music store that had a
policy of not allowing women in one particular room. That was also
where the drum stuff was. If a female drummer shopped there she had to
ask for what she wanted and someone would dutifully get it and bring
it out, if she was a serious customer. Why exactly that room was
female free I don't remember, but that's the way it had been since
forever. No one got very angry about it as far as I know. The store
went out of business in the mid-90s and is now a hair salon,
ironically enough.

A return to the days of true civil rights would mean
"discrimination", of course, but it would also mean that many
businesses which are now infeasible, many beneficial endeavors now not
practical, would be allowed. For example, women-only drinking
establishments would be a blessing for some neighborhoods, where women
today simply don't feel comfortable in bars where the local men harass
them: neither would they feel comfortable in lesbian bars, which, like
those for gay males, simply could not survive in some of those areas.

White ethnics-Italians, Poles, other Eastern European Catholics
largely-once had their own neighborhoods into which no outsider dared
move. Those were good neighborhoods, which produced a lot of
successful, socially desireable people. They vanished when they could
not stay exclusive, and other groups moved in. The houses soon
disintegrated, usually, and the naighborhood became "the hood"-and who
really benefitted? No one. The interlopers didn't benefit from their
new "freedom" to go where they were previously excluded-it soon became
like where they had left. Affirmative action stripped them of their
natural leadership and AFDC meant their stupidest girls soon found
themselves "free" of their parents' dictatorial control by simply
spreading their legs for the most arrogant and irresponsible males in
convenient range. The average IQ then plummeted even lower.