Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] dashen.govender@gmail.com is offline

Default 1 15" RF Subwoofer & T5001bd AMP NEED ADVICE PLEEEEES

Hi .

I basically want my bass to travel, i dont want the usual 12" bass. My
friend has a VW Jetta Bora Sedan Car, 2 x 15" Lanzar Heritage
Subwoofers with maximum wattage of 2100 each, he has a Lanzar Optidrive
500x2 with a maximum of 2000 watts, now his car sounds super amazing
when coming from a far distance, u can hear his sound from a mile away
( actually more miles LOL :P )

Now, heres my setup, btw, im getting my car outa the sound shop either
today or tommorrow, so im anxious & need peoples comments .... ( YOU
KNOW BOYS & THEIR TOYS ! - WE SIMPLY CAN NOT WAIT ! )

1 x 15" Rockford Fosgate P315D2 Punch - 500 RMS - 1000 Watts Peak

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...9&locale=en_US

1 x Rockford Fosgate Power Amp T5001bd - 1000 Watts Peak

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...3&locale=en_US

1 x Rockford Fosgate Cap

1 x Rockford Built Ported & Tough Box

My car - VW Golf 4 1.6 Hatch

What does everyone think ? YOUR COMMENTS ...........

Ive heard but dont know if its true that 12" is more versatile coz itll
play almost all kinds of music & 15" only plays certain types, i have a
good 8 speaker system in my car which i only listen to the radio &
sometimes CD's so i think my subs will be off majority of the tim until
the days when i go out with the boys or when my gf starts chatting away
in the car LOL :P

Anyways .......... what will make things fall off in a shop, 12 " or
15" ?

What will you hear from a distance more, 12" or 15" ?

thanks peeps ..........

Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls Chad Wahls is offline

Here 'ya go :
http://www.jblpro.com/vertec1/new_vertec/index.html

Now honestly, why would you give a rats ass as to how your car sounds coming
from a mile away? We have a guy like that here where I live (in a very
small town) (100 people) and I'm thinking of a way to solve my window
rattling problem while I'm trying to put my kid to bed. Some pretty devious
thoughts have come to mind.

Think about it, and don't be an ass to your community

Chad

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car

Chad Wahls wrote:
Here 'ya go :
http://www.jblpro.com/vertec1/new_vertec/index.html

Now honestly, why would you give a rats ass as to how your car sounds coming
from a mile away? We have a guy like that here where I live (in a very
small town) (100 people) and I'm thinking of a way to solve my window
rattling problem while I'm trying to put my kid to bed. Some pretty devious
thoughts have come to mind.

Think about it, and don't be an ass to your community

Chad

CHAD, thanks for the reply. I would not do that coz of a number of
reasons, being

1. I get tired of loud music myself, i get a headache
2. Im getting a 15" coz i will only play when i go out with the boys
like to hangout areas
3. Im a radio person so i would not listen to cd's much so my subs will
be off al the time
4. bla bla bal .......

I understand coz too much of sound is like too much of fireworks, nice
in the begining but terrible after a long time .

I basically want my sound to travel from a mile away, that kinda thing
LOL to have fun when i go out .

Posted to rec.audio.car
Brandonb Brandonb is offline

Inline....

wrote:
Hi .

Hello.

I basically want my bass to travel, i dont want the usual 12" bass. My
friend has a VW Jetta Bora Sedan Car, 2 x 15" Lanzar Heritage
Subwoofers with maximum wattage of 2100 each, he has a Lanzar Optidrive
500x2 with a maximum of 2000 watts, now his car sounds super amazing
when coming from a far distance, u can hear his sound from a mile away
( actually more miles LOL :P )

Super. Windows down, I'm assuming. Max wattage means about jack squat
also. Got anything else upgraded?

Now, heres my setup, btw, im getting my car outa the sound shop either
today or tommorrow, so im anxious & need peoples comments .... ( YOU
KNOW BOYS & THEIR TOYS ! - WE SIMPLY CAN NOT WAIT ! )

Brace yourself.

1 x 15" Rockford Fosgate P315D2 Punch - 500 RMS - 1000 Watts Peak

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...9&locale=en_US

Decent sub, should do well.

1 x Rockford Fosgate Power Amp T5001bd - 1000 Watts Peak

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...3&locale=en_US

Decent amp, should also to well. Watch out for possible heat issues.

1 x Rockford Fosgate Cap

1 x Rockford Built Ported & Tough Box

If build for the sub, should do quite well.

My car - VW Golf 4 1.6 Hatch

Isn't that a girl car? :P Just playin.

What does everyone think ? YOUR COMMENTS ...........

It should get fairly loud in that car.

Ive heard but dont know if its true that 12" is more versatile coz itll
play almost all kinds of music & 15" only plays certain types, i have a
good 8 speaker system in my car which i only listen to the radio &
sometimes CD's so i think my subs will be off majority of the tim until
the days when i go out with the boys or when my gf starts chatting away
in the car LOL :P

They'll both play just fine. Why are you asking this now after you've
already bought and installed it? Added bass for the radio is very nice
as well. Its not just a CD thing. You'll like it better being on, but
turned down to tolerable levels to match the rest.

Anyways .......... what will make things fall off in a shop, 12 " or
15" ?

Hopefully neither.

What will you hear from a distance more, 12" or 15" ?

Hopefully neither. But both can be capable.

thanks peeps ..........

Brandonb

Posted to rec.audio.car
Antispammer Antispammer is offline

More cone area = LOUDER

Put 4x 15" sub and i sure you can be heard 4 miles away LOL

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] w_m_nicholas@hotmail.com is offline

Well from personal experience, I know that I have a single 12" Rockford
fosgate T2, and with about 800peak watts from 20' away I can make stuff
fall off of walls, I recently hit a 142.6 consistantly and I know any
day of the week I can do this, so when im daily driving, my sub is in
the "off position" but when some punk as$ kid pulls beside me, and
thinks his $200 pyramid system is the Ish, I love to show them up, but
people, with all do respect, RESPECT YOUR COMMUNITY, theres a time and
place for everything and daily boomers are cool during the day but when
night falls, so does my stereo! just my 2 cents worth