Posted to rec.audio.car
dubbin it up dubbin it up is offline

Default Subwoofer volume control

I have recently hooked up my subs and my deck has sub volume control but it
doesn't work? I'm not quite sure why. Could it be that the amp is not
equiped to control volume from the deck??

--
2 10" mtx thunder 8000
rockford amp 501bd

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F Tony F is offline

Controlling your sub output from the deck means that it attenuates the
signal BEFORE it reaches your amp, so the amp really doesn't have anything
to do with it. My guess, is that somewhere in the settings on your head
unit, you have the sub channel set up incorrectly and have inadvertantly
bypassed the variable output. Go through your owner's manual and double
check to see if you've missed anything.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

2006 Mustang GT Coupe
Alpine IVA-D310 DVD Head Unit, Alpine MRA-550 Digital 5.1 Amp, Boston
Acoustics Z-Series Speakers, Alpine SBS-05DC Center Channel Speaker,
Amplified MTX Thunderform Sub

Posted to rec.audio.car
dubbin it up dubbin it up is offline

I have checked the deck settings and the sub control is ON. I can turn down
the subs when i turn down the bass but i have a separate control for the
subs? Any more ideas?

--
_______

Rockford 501bf
Mtx Thunder
Clarion dxz765mp

Which volume control to use? Bill Kearney Car Audio 2 June 30th 06 12:38 AM
Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM
Sony Wega Audio out volume control issues. Anand Sankaran General 0 December 22nd 03 07:42 PM
volume control & system possessed...very weird! Richard Crowley Tech 6 October 6th 03 02:39 AM
Inline Volume Control for Headphones Ricky W. Hunt Pro Audio 7 July 23rd 03 09:29 AM