Posted to rec.audio.car
Antispammer Antispammer is offline

Default OHM...too stupid to understand

amp1 = able to power at 2ohm / 600 rms stereo
currently attached with a pair of 2ohm midbass drivers.

Can I add in a pair of 6ohm midrange?

amp2 = able to power at 2ohm / 200 rms stereo
currently attached with a pair of 8ohm tweeters

Can I add in another pair of 8ohm tweeters?

I didnt want to burn neither the amps or speakers.

thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
Antispammer Antispammer is offline

wow...thanks..I printing this out for future reference

thanks a lot man.

"I. Care" wrote in message
.net...
In article ,
says...
amp1 = able to power at 2ohm / 600 rms stereo
currently attached with a pair of 2ohm midbass drivers.

Can I add in a pair of 6ohm midrange?

amp2 = able to power at 2ohm / 200 rms stereo
currently attached with a pair of 8ohm tweeters

Can I add in another pair of 8ohm tweeters?

I didnt want to burn neither the amps or speakers.

thanks

First I will assume you are talking 2 channels/stereo outputs when you
refer to a pair not a pair added on 1 output.

In both cases it depends how you connect them, series or parallel.

If in amp1 you connect the 6ohm and 2ohm in parallel you will have an
impedance of 1.499ohms which is below the minimum (2) your amp can
drive. If you connect them in series the impedance will be 8ohms which
is fine.

If in amp2 you connect the 8ohm and 8ohm in parallel you will have an
impedance of 4ohm which is above the minimum (2ohm) your amp can drive
which is fine. If you connect them in series the impedance will be
16ohms which I suspect is above the 8ohm max rating of your amplifier.
It might work ok without harming your amp but your output level will be
greatly reduced.

Anybody notice if I made a mistake here?

--
I. Care

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

2 things always remember. 1. dont get stuck with details. 2. overpower
at least 1/3!
you do those 2. you'll be a champion car audio guy like me! lol
my motto, ''just do it'' its under warrenty.lol

Posted to rec.audio.car
Antispammer Antispammer is offline

gee, thanks everybody
for explaining in a simple easy to understand way.