Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default Ping Stephen

Are you watching/listening to the webcast from Bates tonight? Holy
crap!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article

al.net,
Jenn wrote:

Are you watching/listening to the webcast from Bates tonight? Holy
crap!

Missed it (out shooting photos) but I've been hearing about the
Corigliano for weeks.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

al.net,
Jenn wrote:

Are you watching/listening to the webcast from Bates tonight? Holy
crap!

Missed it (out shooting photos) but I've been hearing about the
Corigliano for weeks.

Stephen

That and two other works, truly incredible. I'll email you later.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

al.net,
Jenn wrote:

Are you watching/listening to the webcast from Bates tonight? Holy
crap!

Missed it (out shooting photos) but I've been hearing about the
Corigliano for weeks.

Stephen

That and two other works, truly incredible. I'll email you later.

The fanfare is a Wind Ensemble specialty, too. Glad you liked it!
Although I'm long out of school I still know a few UT performers.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

al.net,
Jenn wrote:

Are you watching/listening to the webcast from Bates tonight? Holy
crap!

Missed it (out shooting photos) but I've been hearing about the
Corigliano for weeks.

Stephen

That and two other works, truly incredible. I'll email you later.

The fanfare is a Wind Ensemble specialty, too. Glad you liked it!
Although I'm long out of school I still know a few UT performers.

Stephen

HAS to be the best large program in the country. Steve Bryant's piece
was incredible. A star is born. I heard the first John Adams that I
like: Grand Pianola Music. Jerry conducted the first minimalism that I
could "get". Standing ovations on every piece, well-deserved, for once.
They had to turn about 100 people away. As a bonus, I got to met
Corigliano for the first time. Very gracious.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article

al.net,
Jenn wrote:

Are you watching/listening to the webcast from Bates tonight? Holy
crap!

Missed it (out shooting photos) but I've been hearing about the
Corigliano for weeks.

Stephen

That and two other works, truly incredible. I'll email you later.

The fanfare is a Wind Ensemble specialty, too. Glad you liked it!
Although I'm long out of school I still know a few UT performers.

Stephen

HAS to be the best large program in the country. Steve Bryant's piece
was incredible. A star is born. I heard the first John Adams that I
like: Grand Pianola Music. Jerry conducted the first minimalism that I
could "get". Standing ovations on every piece, well-deserved, for once.
They had to turn about 100 people away. As a bonus, I got to met
Corigliano for the first time. Very gracious.

UT has an incredible visiting composers program, too.

http://www.music.utexas.edu/programs/Composers.aspx

The level of teaching and performance in the brass department is
amazing. The other performance departments are in flux as the Butler
gift brings about huge changes in the quality and expectations of new
students.

Stephen