Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Ed Seedhouse[_2_] Ed Seedhouse[_2_] is offline

Default Hi-end on the truly cheap!

On Nov 16, 10:39=A0am, John Stone wrote:

Which surely has nothing to do with their being "high end" or not. =A0A=

with so much of what many folks seem to be talking about when they use
these words, "high end" in this particular thread really seems to have
very little to do with actual sound quality.

I disagree. Like it or not, "high end audio" has always been about both
performance and appearance.

Actually, I think that's not disagreeing, that's agreeing. Think
about it.

Look at an old McIntosh tube amp.

Why? "Always" goes back a good deal further than that, as does my own
memory. And it includes a time when appearance was not anywhere near
as much a consideration as performance.

Nickyrash Nickyrash is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Seedhouse[_2_] View Post
On Nov 16, 10:39=A0am, John Stone wrote:

Which surely has nothing to do with their being "high end" or not. =A0A=

with so much of what many folks seem to be talking about when they use
these words, "high end" in this particular thread really seems to have
very little to do with actual sound quality.

I disagree. Like it or not, "high end audio" has always been about both
performance and appearance.

Actually, I think that's not disagreeing, that's agreeing. Think
about it.

Look at an old McIntosh tube amp.

Why? "Always" goes back a good deal further than that, as does my own
memory. And it includes a time when appearance was not anywhere near
as much a consideration as performance.
Hi,

Thanks for sharing this one