Posted to rec.audio.car
Gerard De

Default Pioneer DEH5650MP Head Unit Problems

Hi,

Has anyone experienced major earthing noise problems with the Pioneer
DEH5650MP Head Unit. I am running a 4 channel Boss Audio Amp for the front
and rear 3 ways Alpines and a Boss Audio 2 Channel Amp for the Sub.

The unit is noisy before you start the car and increases to an unbareable
level with the motor running. Any Ideas????

Is it worthwhile fixing this type of head unit???

Help please,,, Thanks Gerard

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma

"Gerard De" wrote in message
Hi,

Has anyone experienced major earthing noise problems with the Pioneer
DEH5650MP Head Unit. I am running a 4 channel Boss Audio Amp for the front
and rear 3 ways Alpines and a Boss Audio 2 Channel Amp for the Sub.

The unit is noisy before you start the car and increases to an unbareable
level with the motor running. Any Ideas????

Is it worthwhile fixing this type of head unit???

Help please,,, Thanks Gerard

Have you tried running the unit with out the amps?
are those Bose amps factory from the vehicle?
If it is a factory bose system, you best bet is to bypass it
With that much noise I would guess signal ground.
The RCA's or the amp inputs have a bad ground.
My best guess is cracked solder joints where they connect to the main board
inside the units with amp input the most likely

Posted to rec.audio.car

I don't think the noise is from head unit. It's probaby from ground
connection.
Since you are running 2 amp, try one amp and try other.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Austin Becker

He's not using BOSE he's using BOSS. Low end amplifier company. If you
amps are grounded together, try separating them. Also, how do you have the
wiring run? If you ran the RCA connectors along side the power from the
battery, this will cause major EMI (Electromagnetic Interference). Try
running battery power wire down one side of the vehicle, and the RCA and
Remote down the other. The reason the remote can be run with the RCA is
because it is a low power signal. MUCH more current coming from the
battery, and will cause much more interference. When your alternator is
running, and charging the battery, this would explain the noise in your
system increasing with the car running. The more the belt spins the
alternator, the more noise... does this make any sense?

--
- AUSTIN BECKER

JVC Head Problems Jcasey22 Car Audio 3 January 4th 05 04:17 AM
Overheating Head Unit Dylan X Car Audio 8 July 10th 04 12:46 AM
Inteference with new speakers and head unit some_cs_student Car Audio 0 February 14th 04 03:45 PM
Pioneer DEH-P6100R head unit problem - power cuts out disaffected Car Audio 2 December 27th 03 01:55 AM
Alpine CDE-7872 No power to head unit Z-man Car Audio 0 December 4th 03 03:28 PM