Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default world class live vocal mic?

George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:

Here is the artist I am working with
http://blog.syracuse.com/entertainme...y_pascals.html

I stand by my suggestion of a headset - omni ought to do - and will add a
"bolt on" guitar mic. Take a look/hear at the dpa stuff. For a suggestion
that you may convey or not at your own discretion: his gig would improve by
the addition of a brazil-style percussionist, not a noisy one, one with a
lot of small sonic gizmos.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
George's Pro Sound Co. George's Pro Sound Co. is offline

and a interesting mic that got lots of high praise and suggestions
the
Heil Pr35

I am looking carefully at the Heil as I tried the pr22 a week ago and it
did
not impress me at all, being very bright and harsh, so I am not sure where
the glowing praise of the 35 is coming from but I got one to try out

I'm not sure either, I really didn't like either one.. they both have
presence peaks and something that makes them sound way too "electronic"
to me.
--scott

Well the CLEAR winner ended up the Heil pr35!!!
exception tonal quality off axis
it popped a bit more than I wanted but mUCH less than other mics
close second was the Audio Technica ae5400 , the 5400 was richer on axis but
not so tonaly similar when used off axis, also the GBF was way down from the
Heil
the pr35 did have some crispness in the 6-8K range that was easily dealt
with
over all I was VERY impressed with the Heil pr35 and highly recommend it
over any othet 200$ vocal mic
next round will be in a week or so as I recieve my samples of the 965 the
930 and the 102
george

Posted to rec.audio.pro

George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:

Well the CLEAR winner ended up the Heil pr35!!!

Very interesting, thanks!

george

Kind regards

Peter Larsen