simbill

Default cracking/poppng sound

Okay. Ive got a sony cdx-f7710 headunit w/ 4v preouts and an audobahn
a8002t amplifier pushing one perfomance teknique 12" icbm-5912
subwoofer. (max says 2000w and I cant find RMS so...) The a8002t i have
bridged so its pushing around 800w to the sub. Now, with the bass boost
switched on it still runs nice and hard, but sounds like ass because of
a cracking/snapping/popping sound. any explanation?

Jethro

simbill Wrote:
Okay. Ive got a sony cdx-f7710 headunit w/ 4v preouts and an audobahn
a8002t amplifier pushing one perfomance teknique 12" icbm-5912
subwoofer. (max says 2000w and I cant find RMS so...) The a8002t i
have
bridged so its pushing around 800w to the sub. Now, with the bass
boost
switched on it still runs nice and hard, but sounds like *** because
of
a cracking/snapping/popping sound. any explanation?

You are reaching the mechanical limits of the subwoofer. Try turning
the bass boost all the way off and see if that helps any.

--
Jethro

[(Vas/Vbox)+1]^.5 * Qts or Fs
Jethro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=18662
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=227958

simbill

i have that the only thing that does is limit the level at which it
does it.

bob wald

when you hear this cracking/popping sound.is any friends over eating a
bowl of cereal?????

joe.ker

"simbill" wrote in message
ups.com...
Okay. Ive got a sony cdx-f7710 headunit w/ 4v preouts and an audobahn
a8002t amplifier pushing one perfomance teknique 12" icbm-5912
subwoofer. (max says 2000w and I cant find RMS so...) The a8002t i have
bridged so its pushing around 800w to the sub. Now, with the bass boost
switched on it still runs nice and hard, but sounds like ass because of
a cracking/snapping/popping sound. any explanation?

Sometimes a box not sealed good can cause the it to vibrate against the
edges, or air leaks

Matt Pueschel

simbill

joe.ker wrote:
Sometimes a box not sealed good can cause the it to vibrate against the
edges, or air leaks

YES thats it. I whent out and pushed down on the basket of the
subwoofer and on the edges and sides of the box and the noise whent
away! thanks!