mark

Default adding new amp need advise

im going ot be adding a new amp within the next few days, in addition to my
jl audio 500/5. my main question is, will this be as easy as i think it
should be? would i have to run a new line to supply power to this new amp?
if not, how would i splice into the huge wire supplying my current amp?
any tips would be greatly appreciated

thx

Shaun Matherly

I just installed a 300/4 and what I did was run a 4 gauge line to the trunk
where I also added a distribution block for the 300/4 and an old Alpine for
the sub. I used to have 2 different feed lines off the battery but figured
what the hell might as well do it right, It's now a lot cleaner and sounds a
lot better.
"mark" wrote in message
im going ot be adding a new amp within the next few days, in addition to
my jl audio 500/5. my main question is, will this be as easy as i think
it should be? would i have to run a new line to supply power to this new
amp? if not, how would i splice into the huge wire supplying my current
amp? any tips would be greatly appreciated

thx

Cyrus

"mark" wrote:

im going ot be adding a new amp within the next few days, in addition to my
jl audio 500/5. my main question is, will this be as easy as i think it
should be?

It should be if you have the right tools and materials. Well there
really isn't any wrong tools, just may take more time.

would i have to run a new line to supply power to this new amp?

Depends on current draw needs and the batt+ line you have now. A distro
block is the easiest solution.

if not, how would i splice into the huge wire supplying my current amp?

Ah huge wire, just use a distro block. Fused is sometimes easier for
changing stuff out at the trunk, easy power disconnection.

any tips would be greatly appreciated

thx

hth,

--