Erik Hovind

Default Would this enclosure suit this sub?

I am putting 1 Audiobahn AW1208T in this box, and feeding it 1200w. I have
calculated a box size and think that I am going to go with... 2.5ft^3
(Actual air space, not total volume) tuned to 36hz. The box will be 10h x
25w x 25d. Will having the sub and port firing up be a bad thing? I don't
really have many other options as far as the sub goes, because I have really
small openings to my trunk. If I had to, I could make it rear-firing, but
the design I am thinking of now seems easier.

Does this sound good for this particular sub? You can see the recommended
enclosure at http://audiobahn.com/tech/2005/boxPa..._box_specs.pdf

Mister.Lull

I would, personally, tune it a little lower... But then again I listen
to a lot of techno, so that may not be your thing. The box sounds fine
to me, I may not be the biggest authority on the matter, but it sounds
like it'll be enough room for that size/wattage. And as far as having
the sub fire upward, I would love to know if that's NOT a good idea;
because that would be the first I'd heard of it! So, in conclusion, I
do not see anything wrong with your idea.

Mister.Lull

Kirby

The only real problem I could see is if was beneath the rear deck, is
insanely bad rattling. However this could vary on the car, and if you'd used
dynamat anywhere in the trunk area. This is to the best of my knowledge.

Old Hollywood subwoofers and in house enclosure John Car Audio 3 June 29th 04 01:14 AM
rec.audio.car FAQ (Part 3/5) Ian D. Bjorhovde Car Audio 0 March 6th 04 06:54 AM
Help - vented enclosure Crni Car Audio 1 March 2nd 04 01:10 AM
Need advice selecting subwoofer, enclosure for a boat Captain Norm Car Audio 2 September 15th 03 07:04 PM
Enclosure Size & Speaker Placement of Mid Range Sam Carleton Car Audio 0 July 15th 03 03:34 AM