Default XM Help w/ radios

Hi All,

I did my google search, checked the XM website but could not find
adequate answers on this and hoped someone knows. I am looking at the
Roady II (cheapest) but wondered if that was my best choice. Is
cassette or fm modulator better quality? I do not have high quality
systems in my cars so the difference may not be discernable. I also
want to split it between 3 cars (though 98% will be in one). I also
want to buy the home adapter kit for weekend home use. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Mike S.

hallmi remove @aol.com wrote:
Hi All,

I did my google search, checked the XM website but could not find
adequate answers on this and hoped someone knows. I am looking at the
Roady II (cheapest) but wondered if that was my best choice. Is
cassette or fm modulator better quality? I do not have high quality
systems in my cars so the difference may not be discernable. I also
want to split it between 3 cars (though 98% will be in one). I also
want to buy the home adapter kit for weekend home use. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

I like the Roady models because of the use of industry-standard connectors
for antenna, power, and audio output. This means you can connect one
anywhere, in a pinch, without expensive and proprietary docking stations.

A cassette adaptor will usually give better audio quality than an FM
modulator, all things being equal.

electron pimp

I will second the cassette option. When you use FM modulation, you are
transmitting the signal, and anything that is transmitted can be interfered
with.

--
WDW is a Way of Life