porkyporkus

Default Apple GarageBand

I need to get a software for multitrack recording for macintosh, my
budget is up to $100.
I need to have at least 24 tracks, some good basic effects, and
expecially good edit tools (if I need to cut and subtitute a guitar I
don't want to hear any click or drastic sound changes, for instance).
I don't care much about built in loops, I'll make my own.
it looks like GarageBand might work for me, but I never tested it.
is there somebody that knows that appication or maybe suggest me
another one?

thanks.
Garrett

I seem to remember it being on the processor intensive side. I had a
dual G4 450 with 384 megs of ram or something like that. It didn't move
all that smoothly. On my G4 dual 1GHz it screamed of course. What specs
you have on your computer?

It is a really cool program tho. It was quite fun. I was able to put
something together pretty quick and easy.

cheers

garrett

John Washburn

"porkyporkus" wrote:
I need to get a software for multitrack recording for macintosh, my
budget is up to $100.
I need to have at least 24 tracks, some good basic effects, and
expecially good edit tools (if I need to cut and subtitute a guitar I
don't want to hear any click or drastic sound changes, for instance).
I don't care much about built in loops, I'll make my own.
it looks like GarageBand might work for me, but I never tested it.
is there somebody that knows that appication or maybe suggest me
another one?

Try Tracktion. It is currently available for free:
http://www.guitarplayer.com/freetracktion.htm

-jw