a.m.

Default Are all SPDIF's Created Equal?

Suppose you had a Digi 001, or 002, RME HDSP 9652, etc etc you get the
message and were getting your analog signal into either of these devices via
a mutual external A/D using the SPDIF input.......would it all be the same?
Is there another link somewhere that would affect the quality of inputted
signal? Excluding mic pres and all that stuff.

merry merry at:
http://tinyurl.com/62z86

Animix

I can only speak for the RME 9652, but you will want, depending on the
converter that is feeding the 9652, to either clock the 9652 to the
converter or vice versa using a high quality (I use Zaolla, but have also
used Canare and found them to be fine) 75 ohm cable with BNC M-M connectors.
Make the necessary settings for the respective devices to be master and
slave.

I have found the clock in the RME 9652 to be quite good. and though I
haven't done any scientific measurements, as far as what my ears are hearing
when I A/B them, I also have a Lucid GenX6 word clock module and though it's
not the most expensive in the world, I've found it more than adequate and I
think the RME clock is at least the equal of the clock in the Lucid GenX6

Doug Joyce
Animix Productions
Durango, CO
http://www.graphicresultsofdurango.com/musicstudio.html